The English Premier League 2016/17™

Also the best

Arguably, not definitively.

No I’m not. Klopp’s team might be more expensively assembled but if he didn’t buy the players it’s not his fault if they weren’t good enough for the money spent

1 Like

So do you think Spurs have the best squad then?

You’re right, it’s not his fault that he has players like Coutinho, Firminho, Lallana, Milner and other key players for Liverpool this season.

Also worth noting that Rodgers took over Liverpool after Dalglish had spunked near a £100 on Carroll, Downing and Henderson - who were all laughing stocks in his first season. He put Downing on the shop window and got a good fee for him, jettisoned Carroll and made a player out of Henderson.

I just find the double standards odd.

I don’t think there is much between the top six teams in terms of their squads. Some teams have more depth, others have more quality. There is no major gulf between them.

What double standard? Klopp is in his second season and 2nd in the league. I can’t imagine Rodgers was getting much criticism in his second season when Liverpool were up near the top in the league. Where’s the double standard?

Rodger was sacked because two top 7 finishes and one sustained title challenge to the final day of the season didn’t cut it in his three seasons in the job.

He was replaced by Klopp, a manager with a big reputation and a contract with double the remuneration of Rodgers. He already has one 8th place finish to his name, he’s doing ok at the minute but anything outside a top 4 finish this season will surely have him under a world of pressure. Some of the Kult of Klopp people here seem to be swift and proactive in getting their excuses in.

If Klopp finished 2nd this year followed by 7th next year and a poor start the year after he will be under as much pressure and scrutiny as Rodgers was. As it stands in his only season with Liverpool with a pre season to gel with the team and get his ideas across they are doing well

Suarez led the title challenge despite Rodgers instabilities. Rodgers tried his best all season long to fuck it up but Luis came to the rescue.

If you’re using Klopps salary to state he should be challenging for the league then you’ll agree that the highest paid squad in the league are the best squad.

Herr Klopp has been paid well to extract maximum effort from average players- it’s the Liverpool business model. He’s doing his job wonderfully and is getting unreal performances from an average squad.

1 Like

Fucking hell mate, change the record :joy:
You must have a repetitive strain injury from typing the same thing over and over.

2 Likes

Why are you brining common sense into this? It has no place here.

:joy:

I’m merely stated what was not good enough under Rodgers certainly won’t be good enough under a manager with a big reputation brought in with a massive salary.

You seem to be eager for making excuses for him actually achieving less than Rodgers got sacked for - bizarre.

Suarez also stated the massive impact Rodgers had on his game, quite a bizarre, subjective view you have, you are part of the Kult of Klopp. You are a KOK.

I have my argument perfected.

1 Like

Only half way through the season yet.

Exactly.

Some KOKs need to stop making their excuses early and instead judge Klopp on what the expectations are - top 4 and sustained title challenges on a consistent basis - no excuses.

Can’t say fairer than that.

1 Like

So the same Spurs team that were spineless, over-rated and shit a few weeks ago are now the best squad in the league? Thanks for clearing that up gents :smile:

1 Like

This is Herr Klopp’s first full season, with preseason and players he brought in, I’ll be judging him at the end of this season, mate. If he finishes 20 points less off next season than this season as Rodgers did I will be critical. I never really railroaded Rodgers and my only real complaint was his inability to sort his defence out, I’ve been as critical of Liverpool’s defence this year calling it the worst in the top ten. Top 4 would be a very successful season for Liverpool this year as they are still lacking a lot of quality and have a small squad… Klopp doesn’t have endless money like other clubs and will have to juggle so his ability to build a serious squad will take time… I’ll be critical when needs be. I’m generally not overly critical of mangers during their time and support them… Looking back on where it went wrong is different.