The English Premier League 2016/17™

You have an unhealthy obsession with Herr Klopp. He’s completely inside your head. A discussion about the fortunes of Swansea City and you’re off again talking about Herr Klopp.

1 Like

You have a trait of no applying your standards consistently.

I’m asking why you don’t apply the same standards to Klopp that you do to Guidolin. I also noticed you avoided the question.

Any manager in the crazy world of the EPL who presides over a 5 or 6 Game winless streak can’t complain if they get the sack. Your Mr Abramovich would be giving a P45 to any manager who presided over a run like Herr Klopp had in January. Liverpool are generally not a sacking club though and I imagine there would have been a realism amongst the Anfield hierarchy that they don’t have the squad depth of Chelsea or the Manchesters and fortunes would improve once they got their players back and rested from Africa. Liverpool were a different beast yesterday with Mane back in the fold.

Are Liverpool a rabble?

Looking at a re-run of the Liverpool v Spurs match this morning, Liverpool are far from a rabble. Liverpool were very impressive yesterday. 49 points on the board after 24 games is just one less than then leaders and ultimate champions Leicester City had on the board after 24 games last season.

1 Like

https://my.mixtape.moe/ahwoxz.mp4

2 Likes

Longer clip

4 Likes

Peach

Great free kick…delighted for the lad…he has some left foot.

A product of the famed Manchester United youth academy cc @GeoffreyBoycott

2 Likes

That’s a cracking goal from Brady. Didn’t see the game but sounds like a very good result for Chelsea, seemingly second best for most of the match but hanging on for a draw to halt the Burnley run of five consecutive home league wins.

1 Like

Delighted he’s back playing premier league football.

1 Like

10 years at St Kevin’s, 2 years at a youth academy.

But you said Swansea were a rabble under Guidolin after a sticky patch in form.

You are contradicting yourself here.

Yes, Manchester United’s famed youth academy.

2 Likes

:grinning:

If you’re losing at home to Hull at such an early stage of the season - in a run of 1 point from 6 league games from late August to early October, its a rabble. That’s a stage of the season where all clubs more or less have a full hand and the physical toll of a grinding 9 month season has yet to kick in. If a manager can’t get it out of his players at that stage of the season, he’s unlikely to at any stage. The mistake Swansea made was waiting until January to get Paul Clement in.

Liverpool had a sticky patch in January when their lack of squad depth was shown up by injuries and African absentees. They’ve emphatically turned the corner now.

A completely bizarre logic, trophies and league positions are not decided in the first couple of months in the season. Need I remind you that you were telling us Conte was getting found out in a serious footballing environment at the start of the season and now look.

It’s also worth noting that Liverpool shouldn’t have been losing to newly promoted Burnley in their second game of the season. It will be hard to rationalise a defence of that given how you have opted to deal with Guidolin.

Who the fuck set this boring fucker off again. :joy:

2 Likes

Swansea record under Guidolin

P25 W9 D5 L11 Win % 36

Swansea record under Clement

P7 W4 D0 L3 Win % 57

1 Like