The English Premier League 2016/17™

Well if you’re taking my account of events into consideration, then consider I fully believe Swansea should not have been awarded a penalty today which once again makes a mockery of your double standards.

Who gives a fuck?

Stonewall penalty denied to Swansea

Who’s currently leading in the argument between @GeoffreyBoycott and @Nembo_Kid

Some display from Pickford between the sticks for Sunderland. Kept them in it today.

I’ve yet to be beaten yet anyway.

The holy goalie flapping his fist at the ball.

@GeoffreyBoycott gave him an awful hammering in that particular exchange

3 Likes

??

He looked very rusty today, far from his best. Made one good save alright.

O’Shea was pretty solid tonight though, dealt with Lukaku very well.

I watched all of this game (not 2 mins on motd) lukaku should have had a few today and caused all kinds of problems for sunderlands back 6.

Guye was some signing from villa. He’s a serious player. He was a steal at that price imo.hes one of the best if not the best midfielders in the prem at the mo.

Everton still unbeaten in 2017 and are playing a really nice style off football.a lot of young players in the team too so who knows what will happen with a few additions in the summer.

1 Like

I also watched it all and I thought Lukaku was quiet by his standards. Baines & Coleman caused serious trouble down the flanks, Davies got on the ball a lot and they ran rings around our midfield. But I don’t really remember Lukaku creating that much or really having many clearcut chances outside of the goal which in fairness, he was always favourite to get on the break and had a bit of luck with the deflection.

Considering how he usually violates us, I think O’Shea & Kone handled him pretty well. Hard to compete with such a slow midfield- Gibson is laughably immobile and Larsson just doesn’t have any pace. At the same time, if Defoe gets his chance, probably get a 1-1 draw. A lot of the time, he buries the one chance that comes his way.

Sorry skip…
He had three shots that pickford saved two which were fine saves the other was a run of the mill save

Coleman was class again today but the 3 in midfiled were a different class alltogether.

What do you make of guye?

Pickford is a quality keeper.i honestly think sunderland will just stay up but just about!

I genuinely don’t remember him having three shots, I do remember one good save from Pickford alright. But considering he scored a hat-trick earlier in the season and the season before absolutely bossed us in a 6-2 victory where he just ran riot; a couple of shots are hardly that memorable.

See I thought Gueye was shit last season for Villa. I know they were shit in general but he didn’t offer much… obviously his stats suggested otherwise or Everton wouldn’t have signed him and he’s been like a mini-Kante for them, he’s been really good. Got forward a lot today too, caused real problems. Schneiderlin & Davies were impressive too, seem to compliment each other & Barkley nicely.

Pickford is class to be fair, really good with his feet aswell. Looked a small bit rusty today though, couple of unconvincing moments but he is just back from injury. As for staying up, usually I’m more confident… I just think injuries have played havoc with the season- a team at the bottom can’t afford to miss so many players for so long. Cattermole, Kirchhoff, Watmore, Anichebe- you had Pickford up until today & Denayer was missing today. All those fellas would walk into the team and I don’t know if we’re going to pick up enough points without them.

1 Like

@Fagan_ODowd joins the ranks of conspiracy theorists. He better brace himself for the wrath of @Nembo_Kid.

Stonewall penalty all day long, just saw it now, the hand comes up your meet the ball and then he guides it into his own path to complete the clearance. Terrible decision but they happen all the time,

That’s a lie. Azpilicueta’s arm is out before Sigurdsson flicks the ball. He brings his hand out in order to stop Sigurdsson taking him on the outside, the oldest trick in a defender’s book. It’s ball to hand rather than hand to ball.

That’s a conspiracy theory.

If you had bothered to do your research you might find that both Chelsea and Man Utd are way down the list when it comes to penalties awarded this season.

In fact the stats suggest that 4 of the top 6 dominate the standings in that regard and 2 of them happen to be sides you are a propagandist for. We haven’t heard a peep out of you all season about conspiracies when Tottenham dominate the penalty charts and been the benefactors of highly controversial decisions. You like to apply your standards inconsistently because you are a hypocrite.

That’s just the way the EPL is. The elite coterie of super franchises like Liverpool, Arsenal, City
and Spurs have penalties awarded to them.

:joy:

It’s debateable to be honest when you put it like that, i do see where you’re coming from, still I think it’s a definite penalty because Azpilicueta puts his arm out like that in the first place, he makes it more likely that the ball will hit him. I’ve no appetite for an argument right now, what is the media consensus around it?

I think for a side to lose it has to end. I asked who is leading