The English Premier League 2016/17™

I said he failed in Italy, mate.

Would you say that Antonio Conte failed in Italy?

No.

Would you?

I’m not passing judgement on anyone here as a failure. I don’t have a bitter bone in my body.
Applying the criteria that you have applied to Souness (and in particular the references you made to his time at Torino), if you were putting into practice the aversion to double standards you were constantly preaching about, I would have assumed you would have had Conte marked down as having failed in Italy.

Does your knowledge of Italian football not extend to January 2010 when Antonio Conte was jettisoned out of Bergamo after a disastrous 3 and a half month spell in charge of Atlanta, which saw Atlanta languishing second from bottom when Conte was fired.

Does your knowledge of Italian football not extend to Conte getting fired as manager of Arezzo where he also presided over a relegation to Serie C.

Does your knowledge of Italian football not extend to Conte’s spell in charge of Italy where he delivered three successive titles after taking charge of a Juve side who had finished 7th in two successive seasons preceding his appointment?

i can confirm that in Italy Souness is seen as a failure

2 Likes

And rush too. Chippy on the other hand…

1 Like

Jimmy Greaves too -chased out of Milan

2 Likes

Wilkins

They used to love Robbie Keane though. :smiley:

@GeoffreyBoycott

1 Like

he will either ignore it completely or come back with a response to an argument you never made

1 Like

All EPL managers are under pressure if they have a run of bad results. Swansea are still only two points from safety in 18th place and in with a fighting chance of staying up, largely down to the 5 wins secured in the first 8 games of Clement’s tenure. Swansea were rooted to the bottom of the table when Clement took over.

@Nembo_Kid - you’re still remaining silent on the managerial change at Leicester City. You were badly wrong on this one. Still no comment on the brave and correct decision of the Leicester City board to fire the under performing Claudio Ranieri and the inspired appointment of Craig Shakespeare? 6 wins from 6 under the stewardship of Shakespeare - 5 in the EPL and a place in the European Cup quarter final secured.

Funny how you didn’t think Guidolin’s prior performances in actually saving Swansea from relegation in the prior season counted? You said Guidolin deserved to be sacked becasue he only collected one point from 6 games.

The difference is four of those games Guidolin failed to win came against sides in the top 5.

4 of the games Clement has failed to collect points against are sides firmly embroiled in the relegation battle.

Why don’t you apply your standards equally? Is it your rampant xenophobia that is preventing you from presenting an objective viewpoint.

Ranieri got Leicester to the CL with a league win, he topped his group earning them a good draw, picked up a superb result away in Sevilla where they grabbed an away goal and had an excellent opportunity to progress. The fact you are crediting Shakespeare for that is risible.

League performances have improved but Ranieri should have been allowed to see the season out. Amazing how you will defend a guy like Clement who has achieved nothing in football but yet think it’s right for managers with a proven pedigree in Ranieri and Guidolin to be blackguarded.

Oooooffft

Why don’t you practice what you preach, you bitter little school kid. I schooled you on Graeme Souness yesterday. You wrote him off as a failure in Italy blissfully unaware of the key role Souness played in 1985 in securing Sampdoria’s second highest ever league finish, first ever top level silverware and European qualification for the first time.

You’re on such shaky grounds any time you take me on all you can do is resort to throwing personal insults. That’s a scurrilous accusation that I’m xenopbobic.

Are you mad.souness flopped in Italy. Sampdoria improved when he was chased and he is a laughing stock in Turin

1 Like

You did not and rather than getting catty with me, how about you tackle the complete double standards you apply when treating managers based on their nationality.

We already established Souness failed in Italy yesterday.