The English Premier League 2016/17™

Man City haven’t, although they were actually very unlucky in the first game

1 Like

They;re pretty much done with top 6 now tho and have a handy run in if I recall correctly… Away to Everton might cause them problems but hard to see them losing two games.

Southampton may put it up to them but that looks like it I think. Gonna check it later

Despite Chelsea’s unexpected slip today, the fixtures are very much in their favour with four of the last six at home, and those four are virtual gimmes against Southampton, Middlesbrough, Watford and Sunderland.

Everton away and West Brom away are potential slip ups but even then Tottenham would likely have to win all six of their games.

Tottenham have four of their last six away from home, and have no gimmes remaining.

They have Crystal Palace, West Ham, Leicester and a final day clash with Hull away from home.

Their two home games are against Arsenal and Manchester United.

It’s difficult to see them not slip somewhere along the line there.

Will spurs get 4 points from last 6 games though? Iv a grand on it with @Special_Olympiakos

Probably, but Crystal Palace away in their next game is a potential slip up. If they were to lose that, the title is gone and they may ease up in their remaining games, especially if they reach the FA Cup Final.

They don’t have a good record against Arsenal, West Ham and Manchester United will also be out to do them, Leicester are in good form, and Hull away from home on the final day is a loseable game if Hull need something.

Fuck it…maybe @Special_Olympiakos Will renege on it

Previous Spurs teams records mean nothing to this team.
Spurs will pick up 13 points I’d say, Chelsea should do enough cause they’ve no tough games left but they’re the ones more likely to bottle it.

Chelsea paying the price of playing the same 11 week in week out.

Costa is shit and they’ve no option.
If they lost Kante they’d lose the league.

I was at that game yesterday.
Costa,it always struck me, is a lad who’ll do damage in the box. Chelsea were so utterly bereft of anything, that he spent most of his time away out the field trying to get the ball. He’s never going to do well like that. They looked completely disinterested tbh.
My other observation is that football fans are weirdos, and football is rubbish as a spectator sport.
I’d rather watch a junior c hurling match any day of the week.

9 Likes

Chelsea have done the hard work now, it’s inconceivable that they could throw this lead away with such an easy run in.

football is boring shite, I used to love going to games, but now it bores the arse off me

Its anti logic to suggest that Spurs have any chance of beating this all conquering Chelsea team in the FA Cup semi final.

Chelsea are at home to Southampton 24 hours before Spurs go to Crystal Palace, so the gap will most likely be 7 points when Spurs kick off at Selhurst Park. A win there is a very tall order in light of Crystal Palace’s form of late. If Spurs did pull it off it would be huge, as Chelsea are in action before Spurs on the following Sunday at Everton. Everton have won 12 and drawn 4 of their 17 home games, their lone defeat courtesy of a 94th minute winner from Sadio Mane in the Merseyside derby.

Did you enjoy the prawn sandwiches mate? Any sign of Giggsy?

Giggsy was in Didsbury for the day I believe

6 Likes

I expect Tottenham to win the FA Cup.

In the league I expect Chelsea to pick up 16 of the remaining 18 points, with Tottenham picking up around 10 or 11 of the remaining 18.

That should still be just about enough to retain second spot.

Yes, its hard to disagree with that analysis. The corresponding fixtures from last season don’t offer much hope to Spurs. We’re at Hull last day of the season so obviously no direct comparative from last season there. We did lose 5-1 at relegated Newcastle in the last game of last season though, so we’ll pencil down the trip to Hull as a loss. 8 points from 18 from the corresponding 6 fixtures last season. Manchester City (bar the Manchester derby) have a very straightforward run in. The priority for Spurs is to hold off Manchester City for second.

Now that Herr Klopp has figured out how to ground out wins against shit teams, I fully expect Liverpool to get 15 points from their last five games. It won’t be enough for second but it should get them third. Then, next season…

I’m having none of it Geoff. Spurs will make shit of 4 of those teams, pick up 4 points from the tricky ones and it could be interesting.
Will the United game be played very close to the UEFA cup final?