The English Premier League 2016/17™

a one Mane team.

Have Liverpool had any half decent youth prospect since Gerrard?

Sterling was poached from QPR so doesn’t really count. They’ve had guys like Flanagan, Kelly, Wisdom etc who have got runs but never really looked up to it. The lack of homegrown talent they’ve produced is scandalous.

They are talking up Trent Alexander at the moment. Did not look too hectic to me.

He looks pretty average, English players generally peak around 22/23 anyway and it’s all downhill from there.

The problem with Liverpool is the predictability. No plan B. Need an Andy Carroll type as an alternative.

there’s 3 in the current crop that will come through…two have had game time this year.

Woodburn and Trent Alexander?

I don’t think either will make it with Liverpool.

I hope Joe Gomez gets a chance next season

Klopp seems one of those infuriating managers who is so rooted to playing one way, irrespective of injuries, form, suspensions and availability he will go with the same tactics each game.

He needs to spend, he needs players who are conducive to his style. I think there is money there for him but he doesn’t want to be burdened with expectation spending big money will. I don’t think they will be losing any of their big players this summer so he needs to cut the deadwood and get 3 or 4 quality first team players in.

will see with Woodburn, hes still only 17 … Next year will tell a lot.

As a matter of interest, who should he (realistically) go for?

I think his ego thought he didnt have to spend big last year but the soundings are he will spend this summer.

Woodburn is too small. Looks like a pigeon chest.

1 Like

He needs an absolute top class striker. Like Aubmenayang from Dortmund but he will go to Spain.
Two full backs.
A centre half
A central midfielder.

This is spot on

I’ll cut you…i said the same thing numerous times today.

Just off the cuff here,

I would say some very attainable signings.

Simon Kjaer - £15m
Douglas Costa - £35m
Corentin Tolliso - £35m
Jonas Hector - £25m
Naby Keita - £30m
Andrea Conti - £10m
Luis Muriel - £20m

I think £200m would go along way even in today’s market but does Klopp have the balls to increase the expectation.

Costa and Keita two names Liverpool have been linked with a bit over the last few weeks.

Keita looks like the type of player who would excel under Klopp, seen bits of them this season and he has a great engine and is very dynamic, he has been compared to Kante.

Costa has end product and more pace and directness than Coutinho and Firmino.

Balde Keita would also be another very good option for Liverpoo’s attack.

1 Like

He needs to bring lads in with a bit of bite. Too many windy cunts. No leaders in the squad.