The English Premier League 2016/17™

My dad ran for PBP

Jeff Hendrick scores with a header for Burnley 38 minutes 1-0.

1 Like

https://my.mixtape.moe/wglzeb.mp4

That’s a lovely little feature rocko

1 Like

2-0 now

Oooft.[quote=“artfoley, post:61, topic:22590”]
itll certainly make him stand out in the dole queue
[/quote]

Oh dear.

Ouch.

Deary me.

2 Likes

Hardly. Conte’s only two outings against top six sides in the league have ended in a 2-1 home defeat and a 3-0 away defeat with Chelsea playing abjectly in both games. The jury is still very much out.

I thought the jury had made their verdict, Jeff?

Leagues are won over 38 games, not just the games against the top sides - that would be why Conte is just a point off the top despite losing those games.

Since he has switched to his preferred 3 at the back Chelsea have won 3 on the trot, conceded none and scored nine.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint, we all know Jeff’s record in marathons.

1 Like

The three wins that are exciting you so much featured wins against a Hull City side who in their last 7 league games have taken 1 point from 21 and conceded 21 goals and a home win over Leicester City - who are one of only two sides in the league with a 100% losing away record - in losing all four away games have conceded 13 goals in the process.

A very good performance from Chelsea today, but they were always going to be up for this one in a big way after the spectacular falling out with their former manager Mourinho this time last year.

It doesn’t matter where the points come from Geoff.

Liverpool have dropped points at Burnley, Arsenal have dropped points at home to Boro. Spurs have dropped points at West Brom and Bournemouth. What matters is accumulating points and Conte have accumulated 9 points out of his last 9 and they have done so very convincingly.

You wrote him off a month ago but now don’t want to take your medicine.

Conte has it all to prove. He won a few league titles with Juventus in the one team Italian league, but hasn’t done much else in more than a decade of management. Conte’s record in Europe with Juventus was scratchy. In fact, Juventus improved markedly in Europe as soon as Conte left with Allegri getting them to the European Cup Final in 2015. The previous season, Conte’s last, Juventus failed to even get out of their group, finishing third behind the might of Galatasary.

There’s no getting away from the fact you wrote him off a month ago, mate.

I’m still writing him off. I don’t rate him and he’ll be a failure at Chelsea.

I see you’re not even bothering to defend Conte’s European record at Juventus and the immediate improvement under Allegri in 2014/15 once Conte stepped aside.

I don’t see what European football has to do with it when he’s not involved in European football this season.

You’d need to be an absolute fool to write Conte off with his track record and the way he has Chelsea playing, fittingly you are doing that.

So what are we judging him on then seen as he has had no involvement in English football prior to this season?

Three of the five clubs he managed in Italy, were in Serie B - Arezzo, Bari and Sienna. He got Arezzo relegated to Serie C.

His first crack in the top flight of Italian football with Atlanta was a disaster which ended with him leaving halfway through the first season, with Atlanta in the relegation places.

The only other job he had in Italy was with Juventus. He won the league there three times, fair enough. Italy is a one team league though.

Why are you continuing to change tact at every turn Geoff?

You are discussing matters that have little bearing or relevance to Conte’s job with Chelsea and when they are shown to be so you move on to another area which has no relevance to it.

The fact is you wrote Conte off a month ago. He has responded with a bang and you are shitting your pants.

I’m not changing tact. I wrote Conte off a month ago, right from the very start in fact from the day he was appointed at Chelsea. I continue to write him off.

You said I was a fool to write him off with his track record. I pointed out that his track record was the reason why I write him off. More than half of his club managerial career was spent scratching around in the lower leagues in Italy or the relegation places in Serie A.

You have changed tact.

You have gone from records against top 4 sides, to records in European football to discussing his early managerial career - none of those points have stood.

Conte has been on the block about 8 years in club football. He has brought two Serie B clubs to promotion and won Juve 3 titles in 3 seasons after taking them over after they had consecutive 7th place finishes in the league.

Now that I have batted that aside, move on to your next irrelevant spiel to save your blushes about prematurely writing Conte off.

tack

3 Likes