The English Premier League 2016/17™

You were on about giving the ball away, what does that matter?

Of course guys who have a bit of ambition and responsibility on the ball are going to give it way more that those who just play the safe passes.

From what I’ve seen you’ve been conspicuous in your silence tonight.

If you read back I haven’t been, mate. Not at all

@Rocko, any footage of the Courtois save?

The worlds most expensive player shouldnt though…he is no longer a prospect when he broke the world transfer record.

Stats can be misleading.

Just as an FYI, I’d love if he proved me wrong…but he’s a way off it yet imo.

You have, giving it the big licks before Pogba scored, like a church mouse thereafter.

Gundogan out for the season with damaged knee ligaments.

You were criticising him for giving the ball away a lot, now you don’t want to delve into that matter because it doesn’t suit.

I said he was a flat track bully before and after he scored, pal. I can’t keep repeating myself over and over. That’s your mantle, kid

I’d rather he didnt as a United fan, but he must have gave it away needlessly on 10 occasions during tonights game.

His defensive positional sense is poor as well…I wouldnt mind but he’s not yet a 15-20 goal a year midfielder.

How many of those about?

And you were conspicuous by your silence when he went on to turn in a MOTM performance for his side.

He should be at that level to cosign his world record fee.

His world record fee is based on many things and his age is one particular aspect of it.

When you look at the fees some English clubs have spent on midfielders, I think United didn’t get a bad deal.

To me Pogba at €110m or whatever they paid for him looks a good deal better than what Bayern paid for Renato Sanches. He is one of the best midfielders in the world, a proven player at 23 years of age - that’s the going market rate.

That’s a fair point, maybe it goes to show the decline in quality players across the world.

Arguably there has been a huge decline of quality midfield players across europe in the last 10 years.

The criticism Pogba has gotten has been harsh, tonight he was excellent and he deserves praise but some people are pedaling their subjective nonsense about him being poor.

He’s definitely improved over the past couple of weeks and I think if he keeps this up he will show himself to be the best midfielder by the season end.

If he stops giving the ball away, I’d be in agreement with you.

He also needs to be more defensively aware.

What does giving the ball away have to do with it?

Would you rather he starts playing safe lateral and backwards 5 yard passes instead?

jermaine defoe
a quite brilliant striker, possibly one of the best i have seen, incredible reflexes, wonderful awareness and a great strike of a ball, look at his technique…, and now i see he is also an incredibly decent man also

christ, that’s outstanding from Fabregas

FYI i have MOTD on delay