The English Premier League 2016/17™

Two league wins in a row now. We’re just 12 off equalling Arsenal’s Premier League record of 14 in a row.

1 Like

The drama queen keeper cost them poncing around with his injury. He was the same against Arsenal.

Klopp has endless piles of cash to spend too, mate.

They have the 5th most expensively assembled squad in the league, only Arsenal lies in between Chelsea and Liverpool in terms of expensively assembled squads.

It’s amazing how Conte is competing with City and Utd.

In Kloppage time :clap:

Mane is a lovely player to watch, I said at the time that he would be a great signing for Liverpool, Firmino was in and out of the game tonight but unlucky not to score a few times, very good player too,

What are the respective wage budgets of the two squads?

He just stood there like a spare prick for about 5 minutes looking for sympathy.

Lovely sentiments there from Jordan Henderson. A gent.

Circa £220m to circa £160m according to unconfirmed reports.

Wage budgets are generally the biggest indicator of how teams perform in the PL. Both Chelsea and Liverpool are doing a bit better than they should be by that rationale

Not really, some teams have better resources than others but there is absolutely no reason to suggest that Liverpool cannot compete with the likes of Arsenal, City, Chelsea or United - particularly when they are paying a manager £7m a year.

A doddle

Liverpool will be fucked when Mane goes to the African nations cup.

He could be paid 60 million a year, if the players aren’t good enough there’s only so much he can get out of them

What’s your issue with Klopps wages?

Coutinho will be back then and I reckon Klopp will make a splash in the January window in order to solidify the Pool’s place in the top 4.

I don’t have one.

I have a problem with people making excuses for him though.

Who’s making excuses? He’s doing an unbelievable job given his 0.51m net spend.

He’s not managing a team of diddies, he’s managing an expensively assembled, experienced squad full of internationals.

Chelsea have a way better team than Liverpool. Both Conte and Klopp are doing well

1 Like