The English Premier League 2016/17™

You’re making excuses, the last who scored for them this evening cost £34m in the summer.

Liverpool finished 10 points ahead of Chelsea last season.

Chelsea weren’t trying last season. Chelsea won the league at a canter the year before

Unreal

So Conte took over a team of lads who didn’t try?

That sounds like a great squad to inherit, doesn’t it?

It’s true though. And in fairness to him, he has got them motivated again.

It does as the only way is up.

Yes Conte has done a great job to get them motivated and implement a system in which they are thriving but as shown by them winning the league easily the year before they always had a higher potential to win it than Liverpool do

Origi is 4/5th choice for Belgium… Klavan is actually a diddy… Gordan Henderson is a Duracell bunny…Milner is a midfielder playing left back… We’re doing well but realistically that’s a squad that should be battling for 4th which I think they will be after Christmas. They have 13 players, after that the quality drastically falls off to mid table quality or school kids… They should be giving the the top 4 sides plenty of it, yes, but I think they are 2/3 players away from seriously challenging.

Azpilicueta is a full back playing in the middle of the defence.
Moses is a journeyman EPL winger who couldn’t cut it at West Ham or Liverpool playing as a wing back.
Alonso was released by Bolton.
Cahilll is a diddy.

We can all go into lazy analysis.

Chelsea have been fortunate with injuries and suspensions so far but if you look back to the Leicester game, the outfield options on the bench were Aina, Chalobah, Loftus Cheek and Solanke - very scary I’m sure.

Ivanovic and Terry are finished, Mikel has been frozen out. Oscar is offski.

1 Like

I’d take Terry at Liverpool in a heart beat.

Swings and roundabouts.

There is no reason why Liverpool shouldn’t be competing with the other top teams in England no matter the picture of miracle worker you’d like to paint of Klopp and the 5th highest paid squad in the league.

1 Like

You are a master debater

2 Likes

I don’t think a single Liverpool player who is fit at the moment would make the Chelsea team. This is of course in large part due to Conte realising that Moses would make a fine wing back when few other managers would have tried him there and putting Azpilicueta in the middle when most managers would think he is too small to play there

They are two completely different systems in both sides.

I would agree that Conte has his players playing his system to a much higher level now than Klopp has in his own system.

Conte has Hazard and Costa, Klopp has Mane and Origi

Is the De silent ???

Mane cost £35m, mate. He is no Chump.

Klopp also has Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge.

Maybe he should try and do what Conte has with Costa with Sturridge?

You reckon Sturridge will be a Liverpool player come endo of January?

I don’t know.