The Favourite Provincial Stadium Thread

The pitch was always shite, perhaps they’ve done something with it recently, but when I was last there for the Leinster U20 last year, it didn’t look up to much then either. The goals were always sandholes.

Its a fucking carpark, it should have been burnt down years ago.

They should give a slab of concrete to the winner.

1 Like

TFK has revealed its shortlist of grounds and stadia for the 2019 GAA Shit Hole Pitch Award.

The short list is as follows:

Parnell Park, Dublin
PUC, Cork

Parnell Park is far from a shithole.

1 Like

I was there for a couple of McDonagh matches last year as well. It was lush. I didn’t take much notice of the goal mouths to be honest.

Hon Matty :clap:

Also the new jersey has won me over

He obviously doesn’t feel safe leaving the watch lying around.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like he’d be able to tell the time using it either. :man_shrugging:

Chickens coulda robbed it

A Waterford private hospital sponsoring a ground in Kilkenny during a time where the ground in Waterford needs a massive revamp and expansion. This all seems a bit odd unless I’m missing something obvious

2 Likes

I think it’s a marketing thing, something about exposure or something like that

3 Likes

Eh, they’re a hospital. Kilkenny folk are sick cunts. Money made.

They lost out on MW Hire to O’Moore Park and had to take the next best

I was in Carlow today and passed Netwatch Park. I’m delighted its top of the original list.

“Good afternoon and you are all very welcome to UPMC Field Below in Waterford for the one game you’re going to see here all year. There’s a fine crowd assembling on the grassy knoll opposite us for what promises to be an intriguing encounter.”

Not the right thread but, this is Killybegs training pitch apparently :heart_eyes: used to be the main field. But the main field is on the corner of the photo now just behind it

1 Like

I’d say it some job kicking the ball out into the wind.

I’d say on a windy day, you’d only try to score in one half of the game. If it was across the pitch you could forget about it altogether

They had a grand hand passing game