The Favourite Provincial Stadium Thread

A gobshite who thinks he’s right is a fascinating thing to witness

A redevelopment of Semple would be wasted on that shithole of a town tbh

It’s incredibly accessible and basically every single fixture cork is now getting because they can’t afford puc that doesn’t involve a cork team would have a bigger attendance in Thurles.

It gets some amount of matches.

Munster Finals, National League Finals, the AI Quarter Finals most years, All Ireland U20/21 Finals, Minor Finals now… Munster Club/All Ireland Club games.

Its by far and away the second most important stadium in the country.

1 Like

I won’t use Supervalu Park to try better Thurles as an overall argument. Having to drive through Roscrea or Nenagh is like teleporting back to the era of early-humans hitting each out with branches.

The town’s second biggest landmark is Lar’s pub that got caught watering down drinks ffs.

1 Like

I like Thurles.

Ye don’t have to drive through Borrisokane to get there. I’ve to pass through nearly the whole slum of Tipp to get there.

Is it anything to do with the way Galway seem to have a piss poor record in Thurles and you are going home after another defeat?

Losing is no issue. Sure Tipp are the only team we beat nowadays in the championship.

1 Like

Ah you’re at nahtin if you can’t beat Tipp these days.

1 Like

We’re both absolute dogshit tbf. But let’s not distract from the positive that D4 cunts are going to be seething about having to leave Dublin to go see the Leinster Lions in action.