The Footix Member's Lounge

If Ronnie Whelan had played for Sheffield Wednesday, Iā€™d be a Wednesday fan, truth be told.

Most of my friends are United fans. Many of them switched allegiances from Liverpool when they were 9/10 in a horrible display of disloyalty befitting the footix culture

80s by the grace of god.

John Barnes was my idolā€¦as a young black kid growing up in Limerick he was my inspiration.

1 Like

Youā€™d have a sprinkling of Man City and Leeds fans late 50ā€™s/pushing 60 now who started following them when they were going well in the late 60ā€™s under Joe Mercer and Don Revie. Same with Nottingham Forest a decade later under Brian Clough, @Fitzy a case in point there. Then youā€™d have the likes of @Fagan_ODowd with a soft spot for Woolwich which probably dates back to the days of Herbert Chapman:

1 Like

Only rolled in in 89. Ronnie Whelan had scored against USSR in 88 Euros. Our teacher brought his telly in from home then for the Italia 90 qualifiers v Northern Ireland when Ireland won 3-0 at Landsdowne Road. Ronnie scored one of them. It was played at 1pm I recall.

Anyway a few weeks later Liverpool were playing Wimbledon or someone on Sports Stadium and Ronnie was playing. My father explained that players had clubs as well as countries that they played for. Been a Pool fan since and have vague memories of them winning 1 (one league).

86 cup final did it for meā€¦ It was the first time I started to take interest in watching football. If Everton had won itā€¦:hushed:

Paddy loves his English club soccer team. Even Paddy Rastooler.

Irish people by and large canā€™t think for themselves. Youā€™ve fellas jumping up and down freedom from Britain and it hasnā€™t dawned on them they are ruled by the Germans now.

The Germans are fucked. They will be extinct in 50 years.

Je suis footix

6 Likes

dont let them hear your accent

they hate tickets being used by oirish fans at the epnese of locals

also,only react when the crowd reacts, remember what happened @Gman

1 Like

I am attending pre-season trial matches in Reserve and First Grade tomorrow for the Battlewin Premier League on the NSW Central Coast (Fitzy jnr not playing as heā€™s injured but should be back training on Tuesday).
Does this make me a Footix?

Iā€™m here on a mission. The Gahliban sent me over to spread muldoon corona.

1 Like

nope

Fair enough

Hey, it was an easy mistake to make, I was still learning all the chants and songs.

The Man Utd fan present and Liverpool fan @caulifloweredneanderthal couldnā€™t get tickets :joy:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Encore un Footix

1 Like

The Mrs sent me on this from a house down the road

i assume you will put a rock through it later?

3 Likes