The Franco Sensi AS Roma 2014/2015 Season Thread

Marko Basa for €3m looks like our next target. He turns 32 this year but he should be able to provide some decent cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbXFf577pVg

Tin Jedvaj has joined Leverkusen on a two year loan deal with an option to buy, Roma also have a counter-option which they can exercise.

Calling @Fitzy

Roma are closing to signing 17 year old Australian Danny De Silva, please provide a lowdown on him. He will stay with Perth Glory for another season before joining Roma.

The Basa and Ucan deals seem to have hit some snags but Roma still remained interested and are likely just having Sabatini lowball the fees. Some very interesting names cropping up in the last few days. We almost seem to be in line for buying a whole new defence this summer - Toloi looks like he won’t be signed on a permanent basis, Jedvaj has gone out on loan, Balzaretti looks to be crocked and Maicon struggled towards the end of the season with niggly injuries.

Basa would seem to be on his way as mentioned before, Colombia and River Plate prodigy Eder Balanta also seems to be of interest to Sabatini and Matteo Darmian and Switzerland and Wolfsburg’s highly rated left back Ricardo Rodriguez is also linked with us. I’d be delighted if we could get all four in though it would likely mean Torosidis or Maicon is for the exit door which I can live with. It was Sabatini who brought Darmian to Palermo when he was there.

With Keita already signed and Ucan looking like it could happen I think that leaves us relatively fine for midfield providing we don’t lose anyone, might be best to hold onto one of the young players like Viviani until Christmas and Strootman is available again.

In attack we are now being linked with Aubameyang, some reports state that it could be cash plus Ljajic offer which would be good for us as he is a versatile player who can play through the middle or out wide. Itrube would still seem to be our no.1 target so if we could get both and offload Ljajic it would leave us looking very strong up there.

The deadline for resolving co-ownerships was on Friday.

[LIST]
[]We redeemed D’Alessandro, Verre, Pettinari and Sini. We then subsequently sold D’Alessandro to Atalanta for €3m.
[
]Politano, Antei, Barba, Stoian, Betolacci and Caprari all had their co-ownership deals renewed for a further year.
[*]Nico Lopez’s remaining share was sold to Udinese.
[/LIST]

This is the final year that co-ownerships will be in existence so all those players who have had their deals renewed for another year must be decided one way or another next year.Out of the players redeemed I see Verre as the only one who could be involved with the first team this season, we will also Viviani returning from loan so one of these could be in the first team picture this season.

On to the latest transfer news, it would appear we have finally reach an agreement for Ucan. It will be a two year loan deal with Roma paying €4m up front with the option to purchase for €11m. Confirmation has yet to become but this is allegedly a deal in principle that has been struck. We’ve been linked with Croatian international Marcelo Brozovic who plays for Dinamo Zagreb and is currently at the World Cup, he’s a 21 year old midfielder by all accounts. Stefano Sturaro is a21 year old midfielder at Genoa who broke into the team last season and Sabatini is keen on him, it’s reported we will purchase him and leave him on loan with Genoa next season. PSG’s Adrien Rabiot is also being linked, he’s another young midfielder.

Worringly we’re being linked with Eto’o and Drogba in attack, I don’t wan either of these mercenary has beens with us next season.

Ucan seems to be edging closer to joining Roma. It has been reported that he could join Hellas Verona in a similar deal to Paredes where he joined Chievo on loan to avoid Roma using up their non-EU allocation. I’d like if he was at our disposal next season. Adriano would seem to be our no.1 target for the left back position but Enrique is very keen to keep him there. Ivan Strinic is another alternative who is a Croatian international left back.

We’re supposedly very interested in Yannick Ferriera Carassco who is a Belgian u-21 international, he plays as a winger for Monaco and the few times I saw Monaco this season I was very impressed by him. His contract is up next summer and is said to be available for €5-7m. I think we will sign him along with another wide attacker who will be the marquee signing and offload Ljajic. Juve look to have beaten us to Stefano Sturaro.

Urby Emanuelson? FFS sake. :mad:

Emanuelson looks to be a done deal, 3 year deal on a bosman. I am seething at this, the guy’s plain useless. He’s probably been bought as a utility player who can cover on the wings and at left back - a bit like Bastos last season but I’d be hoping we’ll be at least adding another first choice left back and two other wide attackers. Ucan also finally looks to be coming.

Reports are also doing the rounds that Benatia has agreed to join City in a €30m deal, a conflicting report states that Roma are demanding €30m and Nastasic. I think Nastasic is an absolute class act and would see the latter deal as an excellent bit of business, obviously I’d be very disappointed to lose Benatia but we could really use that money to add depth to the squad where we will be competing on three fronts next season.

Eder Balanta looks to be on his way from River Plate, I doubt he will be Benatia’s replacement and would expect us to buy a more established defender to replace Benatia should he leave.

Emanuelson, Balanta, Ucan and Carrasco all look pretty likely to be signing for us in the next week or so. There have also been fresh reports stating that City will opt for Malanga over Benatia.

Ashley Cole on a two year deal. Not particularly enthused by this, I’ve always felt he was severely overrated - solid defensively but he has never offered much going forward and in Serie A the attacking outlet full backs offer is of much more value than the defensive aspect. He’s also past his best, was really hoping for someone like Kolarov, Rodriguez or Armero being brought in. He’ll still probably be an improvement on our options here though not the level I’d have hoped for.

With Emanuelson also coming in I’m guessing Dodo will be loaned out and Balzaretti also being offloaded if we can find someone for him.

Cole and Ucan are confirmed.

Cole on a free transfer - two year deal, Ucan arrives on a 2 yr loan deal with €4.75m paid up front and the option to make it permanent for €11m. Worryingly, Eto’o is now being linked on a one year deal.

Dodo has joined Inter on a two year loan deal. We are now being linked with Abner, another young Brazilian left back. Shaqiri is also on our radar according to the latest reports.

Welcome back @Dirty Hands Walter.

:clap:

Up Juve.

http://www.assetstorage.co.uk/AssetStorageService.svc/GetImageFriendly/721254104/700/700/0/0/1/80/ResizeBestFit/0/PressAssociation/BC333DD2F624D10C132421A7CEF1E1F1/soccer-uefa-champions-league-quarter-final-second-leg-juventus-v-liverpool-stad.jpg

:eek::smiley:

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 981264, member: 2533”]Welcome back @Dirty Hands Walter.

:clap:[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much indeed, pal.

It’s absolutely wonderful to be back.

Grazie Bomber and Grazie Roma.

Emanuelson signs.

This diddy has officially signed but it’s on an initial 1-year contract.

+1

He’s absolutely clueless but maybe Rudi can make an impact on him.

4 players in now with relatiely little money spent.