The GAA Infrastructure Thread

either do i, but i decided to throw it up anyway

The pitch (assume it’s same pitch) that you see Donegal play on looks pretty small - the two 65s are only a few meters apart

Cusack Park is a big pitch. The low stands probably make it look tighter than it is.

Poor auld @BruidheanChaorthainn tied himself up in knots here a few years ago trying to tell us that Walsh Park and Cusack Park were both tight pitches.

5 Likes

Mad I was only thinking off that earlier when I saw the piece. Must be 4 or 5 years ago,

1 Like

Some pitches “play bigger”

Too many jokes at the bottom of the page to take it seriously but any I checked are spot on with Wiki.

Its all about the appearance of being a “tight” pitch. The closer the fence/stand is to the pitch the tighter it will look

Presumably wiki taking from the same sources? A lot of pitches spot on 145x90, sounds like someone just firing in the figures.

Id imagine that’s the max which is why there’s a good few with those dimensions?

Yes but I doubt somehow it’s what’s actually on the ground.

Sure he took them from Wiki

Good god.
Never ,Ever trust wiki.

Not at all. Probably sent a grounds man out to pace them out.

The groudsman in Ennis must be 5 ft 1

1 Like

A lot of the Limerick lads particularly anxious over size :thinking:

1 Like

It says at the bottom that it was measured via google maps. So it would be max dimensions. You can probably take 3 metres or so off the length and width for all and it would be closer to an accurate reflection

Based on the photos it’s safe to say Croke Park is a few metres off full size, whereas Semple Stadium is.

A bit like Fr Ted and Dougal. You were further away when taking the picture in Croke Park

2 Likes

I’m just basing it on the distance between the two 65s.

The Gaelic Grounds looks the full length but if I remember rightly it’s a bit narrow due to planning restrictions with the uncovered stand.

Tis in a good bit on the Mackey side because the stand makes shit of the pitch

1 Like