The GAA Infrastructure Thread

The Gaelic Grounds is grand now

Think he felt it was slightly too big for purpose with its 44,000 capacity. He did note that it was rocking for that tremendous replay between Mayo and Kerry in 2014 though.

If that is his criteria then all GAA stadia are white elephants , even Croke Park .

2 Likes

What’s this? Another Breheny list?

An unfettered cunt of an individual.

4 Likes

@balbec, give @Aertel220 an infraction.

He is clearly running low on things to list.

Nolan Park is a lovely venue tbf, right on top of the pitch. In the middle of the “City” as well which is always a plus.

I would say Killarney is the best stadium though. Nice tight ground and what a location.

Can you put up a few pics

O’Moore Park and O’Connor Oark are two grand grounds in the midlands.

1 Like

Breheny being unfairly castigated here! :smile:

It was a chap called Frank Roche who compiled this list.

Nowlan Park is a cracking venue. It’s not on this list as it’s county grounds only but I love a summers evening u-21/20 knock out Munster championship hurling match in Pairc Ui Rinn.

I make it 23 of the 32 grounds named which I’ve been to. Most of the northern counties are the ones I’ve not been to. Have never been to a match in Navan or Castlebar either.

1 Like

I love Fitz Stadium I must say, ditto Nowlan Park

Parnell Park is a wonderful venue as well, some atmosphere in there when the Dublin hurlers have a big match there. Dublin v Galway 2019 was electric

2 Likes

Nowlan Park for a championship game with 15k-25k crowd is a brilliant venue, no quams with it getting number 1, as a Wexford man shocked were top half, arguably worst venue for wind after salthill unless someone can correct me.

They are grand for players to get up to speed . As for going out watching them - no chance for me .

Castlebar is grand. Navan is a shithole.

Far beyond just it’s stadium

2 Likes

Great news.

It’s heartbreaking to see what has become of it in recent years, with the pitch all overgrown with weeds and general abandonment. The Casement Park social club is a noble drinking establishment.

Hoping to get up to Belfast for a weekend by the end of this year.

1 Like

How big is your county pitch?

2 Likes

Casement :joy:

Would never have thought cusack park Ennis is bigger than Croker…

I do not believe half of that.