Worthy of its own thread, I think.
City and county both eligible for discussion.
My favourite city pubs are:
- Murphy’s, High Street - clearly the number one pub in Galway.
- O’Connell’s, Eyre Square - quality pub with a strange living room section out the back.
- Hughes’s, Woodquay - unpretentious and downmarket oul’ lads’ pub.
- Tigh Neachtain, Quay Street - touristy but still a fine pub.
- Taaffe’s, Shop Street - decent if not crowded.
I’m not that gone on Freeney’s. Garavan’s is alright.
- Roisin Dubh
- Dew Drop
- Dail Bar
- None others that I’ve ever been to are worthy of a nomination
- The Front Door - clientele not quite as bad as Busker Browne’s but the layout of it trumps everything
- Busker Browne’s - horrible clientele
- The King’s Head - awful place
- Cuba or whatever it’s called these days - stainless steel awfulness
- The Quays - only reason to go there is as a last resort