The Glorious 12th of July

How is the GAA relevant to the 12th of July?

I’d have thought rugby and GAA are about equally relevant to it - ie. not at all

But you brought it up, so you tell us

What time is this thing kicking off

You’re a bit late kid. It kicked off in 1690

1 Like

That’s the point, they want the bovril pissers to stop (which most have) but want to be allowed to continue to shit in shoes.

I want live coverage.

I referenced the glorification of the IRA and the sectarian taunting by the Tyrone GAA team of a parade in Aughnacloy last Saturday night. Highly relevant to the 12th of July.

Why is it highly relevant would you say, Geoff? - What would lead a group of people to act irrationally like that? Can you think of any political or historical reasons for it?

Sectarian?

Geoff was claiming some members of the Tyrone team were shouting sectarian abuse at the Bigoted band members … but out of the other side of his mouth Geoff would claim not have seen the video as he doesnt access Social media … just like he doesnt watch much TV or read much history … He’s very well sourced for a man that relies solely on TFK and wikipedia for his news.

2 Likes

Wikipedia?

How was the taunting sectarian?

Who was discussing a Rugby Documentary on this thread not so long ago?

Statto Boycott

Incredible.

As previously mentioned, the GGA were brought into this by others, not us. This is due to the “hilarious” behaviour of Tyrone GGA players.

Who said it was hilarious? —

Highly relevant. A rugby documentary which featured a trip by Brian O’Driscoll to the 12th of July cultural celebrations in Loughgall last year.

It was a documentary about sport and the inclusive spirit of Irish rugby, including a visit to the OO.

There are some on here who don’t like when the discussion pivots away from laughing at marchers and criticizing violent Loyalist behaviour around the 12th.

The lads in the video found it hilarious.

Disappointing that some people would choose to focus in on one such element of a fascinating documentary.