The Glorious 12th of July

Rugby player: admits that in the past he was suspicious of the OO and is still conflicted.

GGA players: record their taunting of marchers on a team bus.

The difference is stark particularly given that so many Gallibans claim to want a UI and West Brits/Unionists is thrown at rugby people all the time. Thereā€™s only one side embracing inclusivity and better relations between the Green and Orange.

1 Like

Itā€™s one element but is relevant to this thread and the overall documentary. The documentary actually talks of the Twitter reaction to Oā€™Driscoll doing what he did last summer, many of the responses typical of the Galliban attitude.

1 Like

Did they refer to it as the Galliban?

Rugby players might be conflicted about the OO.

GAA players regularly suffer up north at the hands of these bigots.

Heā€™s comparing a commissioned tv doc now to a few lads on a bus - Grand Marshall Tim and Deputy master Boycott marching to a great auld tune all the same.

Arlene Foster has said a person who shouted a ā€œdeeply sectarian and offensiveā€ remarks as a band parade passed the Tyrone GAA team bus must ā€œbe held responsibleā€ for their actions.

A parade, organised by Lisgenny Flute Band, was passing by. Itā€™s an annual event and is held after 8.30pm in order to prevent disruption to parishioners attending Mass.

Two accordion bands - Loughans and Mulnahunch - made up of mainly young people from a community near Ballygawley, each had around 20-30 band members at the weekend parade.

During the footage an individual can be heard making reference to a "pile of f**** huns" as accordion band members - mainly teenage girls - pass the stopped bus.**

Mrs Foster branded it a ā€œdeeply sectarian and offensive remarkā€.

ā€œI know many of the parents. I know many of the children in the band. They were simply performing in parade for their neighbours and to raise money for another local band,ā€ she said.

ā€œThe Tyrone GAA team have held homecomings in Aughnacloy many times. I would be the first to condemn anyone who made similarly offensive and sectarian comments at such an event.ā€

The former First Minister, however, welcomed an apology from Tyrone GAA manager, Mickey Harte.

Iā€™m surprised at the level of straw grasping here.

The DUP find something deeply sectarian :joy:

1 Like

TBF thereā€™s no better organisation to recognise something thats deeply sectarian.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s true mate

If the GAA is relevant to the 12th of July then rugby is equally relevant

If thereā€™s one thing Irish rugby isnā€™t, itā€™s inclusivity.

Why? Itā€™s played in boghole areas all over Ireland.

A flavour of some of the reaction here last year. Galliban/Pretend IRA mouthpiece @myboyblue nominated Drico for COTY 2018 for his visit to Loughgall. Usual suspects falling over themselves to give that a like rating.

How is Huns sectarian?

Youā€™re speculating now.

The Orange Order apologists are very giddy on the eve of the big day.

Wow

Or to translate: ā€œItā€™s all their faultā€

Iā€™d wager that even Ruth Dudley Edwards might think twice about writing Goebbelsesque rot like this

You couldnā€™t make it up

Timā€™s problem has always been that he believes those who have been historically oppressed are to blame for their own oppression

And thereā€™s nothing worse in his eyes than the oppressed unashamedly asserting their identity, culture and rights

As far as heā€™s concerned, compromise should always be a one way street, and the oppressed should do all the compromising

How many bog warriors playing on any Irish rugby teams? Most if not all went to fee paying schools.

Iā€™m well within my rights to nominate anyone I wish as COTY and not be judged accordingly.

Oā€™Driscoll may as well have joined in to a KKK rally ffs.

1 Like