The Glorious 12th of July

I know a man from Rasharkin,itā€™s in Antrim

1 Like

There they go now walking back in after their big day. Impossible to ever tell if these lads have enjoyed themselves but Iā€™m sure they have, the only visible change from this morning is they are slightly sodden. I done well with the jukebox today as well - got a blast of Abide With Me as they passed, even a Fenian canā€™t help but be stirred by that.

3 Likes

Loads of Northern Regā€™s on the ferry on Saturday. Presumed they were getting out before the Glorious 12th.

Thatā€™s a terrific line up venues. Real geographical diversity there to cater for all Brethern across the province. Really looking forward to the highlights of the big day now at 9.

1 Like

Ballymagorry or similar
One petrol station?
Fuck all else,few houses?
Cricket pitch?
Bready maybe?

Irrespective all shitholes, and luckily u didnā€™t stop at Newbuildings - uber shithole

1 Like

Here we go.

Exceptional solemnity there at the Cenotaph in Belfast. Abide With Me would bring a lump to your throat.

A big contingent over as usual over from Scotland for the Belfast demonstration. The Govan Flute Band leading it off.

1 Like

ā€œBetter than Christmas, better than my birthday, Iā€™m getting married in August and itā€™ll be better than that.ā€

That member of the brethren has his priorities and his focus in the right place.

1 Like

What time is the BBC highlight programme* on at do you know?

• ridiculously short I know

That Clogher Valley demonstration, in Clogher itself this year, looks like a fantastic family day out.

Aughnacloy well represented with their new banner which was voted Banner Of The Year.

1 Like

Itā€™s on now

1 Like

Great to see Da from Give My Head Peace on this feature talking to the great Dr. David Hume.

Dr. Hume is very small and Da is very tall.

As Paul Elliott of the Drumberg Flute Band in Keady so rightly says, the Battle Of The Boyne was a great victory for civil and religious freedom for ALL, and how the history of Ornageism bears out that statement.

On to the big one in Lurgan now. Thatā€™s some setting at Brownlow House.

Some lovely lambegs on display there in Lurgan.

Fantastic banner commemorating Harold Gracey there.

The skirl of the pipes is haunting.

Flutes, accordions, drums, itā€™s a veritable feast of quality musicianship.

Great to see Monaghan representation at the Co. Armagh demonstration, and no aggro at all, unlike at Croke Park 11 days ago.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t Newbuildings anyway. Thatā€™s the place with the blue pub on the corner? Think it might be that place you mentioned. Chipper and off licence across the from the shop.

1 Like

Three generations of David Mahons making sure the Rossnowlagh demonstration goes off without a hitch.

A real labour of love.