The Grand Old FA Cup 2016

The draw for the Third Round was made a short time ago at FA Headquarters at Lancaster Gate by Chairman Sir Bert Millichip and Secretary Ted Croker.

Showpiece ties include a classic clash between First Division title rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Leicester City, and two other all-Division 1 ties as Norwich City take on Manchester City and Watford host Newcastle United.

Other big ties include:
Manchester United v Sheffield United
Exeter City v Liverpool
and
Nottingham Forest v Queen’s Park Rangers

Ties to played on the weekend of Saturday the 9th of January.

1 Like

Put the full draw up there please @Sidney

Tough draw for Spurs.

Rangers have never won at fortress City Ground in 133 years of trying. I expect this record to be preserved. A total anti-climax of a draw though, i wanted a big club like Newcastle. Or Leicester.

A huge giantkilling act as Oxford United, formerly of the first division, eliminate Swansea City, formerly of the fourth division, on a 3-2 scoreline at the Manor Ground.

Derby v Manchester United
Arsenal v Burnley
Exeter/Liverpool v West Ham
Colchester v Spurs/Leicester
Northampton/MK Dons v Chelsea

and several other ties…

Utd will win this 4/5 nil.

That’s a lovely strike

Derby have thrown the towel in 15 mins before kickoff.

Equaliser. They’ve grown into it have Derby.

Superb cross in from Christie there, he’s going alright.

Derby substitution: Blackman off, black man on.

@bandage will be overjoyed to see Mata score another garbage goal.

Cracking save from Randolph there. Poor game of football though.

Any of the Liverpool young lads impressing?

Not really. Teixera has some decent touches and Brannagan can deliver a good ball but its fairly uninspiring stuff.

Great.

I suppose they’re doing well considering it’s a mix and match team that Klopp has put out. West Ham have a strong team out but they’ve done very little either.

1 Like

This is a pretty shit game.

Randolph having a great game. A treble save there and he’s made a few other so far.

Massive deflection and MK Dons are back level with Chelsea.