The Grand Old FA Cup 2016

That must be your first Man U related post in about five months since they were top of the league?

1 Like

Ah, dodgy. You can’t come back now.

Crystal Palace take an early lead. A renewal of the 1990 final looking increasingly likely.

Crystal Palace 2-1 Watford.

I was at the 3-3 cup final between Manchester United and Crystal Palace in 1990, guys.

I didn’t make the replay on the following Thursday night though.

I was there 12 months on to see Spurs lift the cup for a then, record breaking 8th time. FA Cup finals were some occasions back then.

Of course he can, sure isn’t it par for the course

Its been a tough few seasons for @dodgy_keeper. Few fans have had to suffer as much as Man U fans have over these last three trophyless years.

Damien Delaney comes across as an alright sort

I really enjoyed that. Delaney reminds me of myself. A battler who never gave in and went on to achieve success

Could all the non United or non CP fans (cunts) possibly stay away from this thread in a small display of reverence to the greatest sporting occasion on the calendar. There is no more important occasion than this in the post Fergie era.

The FA Cup is one of the great sporting institutions Up there with the Crucible, Wimbledon and the Epsom Derby

1 Like

Mickey Mouse Cup.
I only ever watch it anymore if a couple of the big teams are playing in it.

1 Like

Go way and fuck off you rapist.

2 Likes

Mate, you’ve been up posting all night. Everything ok mate?

1 Like

I’m on the RA personal kid,it’s going to wear off soon.

II’ve honestly been watching RA videos from Derry there to pass an evening…great stuff…It’s a city I’d love to get upto.

3pm kick off on BBC I presume?

Late kick off

A dull enough final this year, these two teams would hardly get the pulses racing.

Two average teams…gooed luck to all concerned

I like my FA Cup finals at 3pm, on the BBC and played on a pitch with a dog track.

Everybody’s up early for the seven hour TV build-up. Philip Schofield and Sarah Greene are already knocking it out of the park here with a special Cup Final edition of “Going Live!”. Both teams’ Cup final singles have already been played and Trev and Simon are doing a very witty Cup Final-themed sketch as I write. Gordon the Gopher is supporting Crystal Palace.

The tension will really begin to kick in when Cup Final Grandstand with Desmond Lynam begins at 12:15pm. Looking forward to the traditional segment where a player from each team gives a hilarious profile of each of his team mates. Damien Delaney is doing the Palace one, I hear. Then Tony Gubba and Harry Gration will be on the respective team buses as they make the journey to Wembley which will really bring the tension, excitement and atmosphere home to the viewer. And of course the traditional light-hearted coverage of the pre-match celebrity six a side match with teams captained by Jimmy Tarbuck and Bobby Davro.

1 Like