The great PJ McManus

Donā€™t blame me for your point being stupid. Iā€™m merely pointing out flaws

Free houses for everyone

You are talking balls trying to get a cheap comment in with no substance to it. The hypocrisy of JP doesnā€™t need much explaining.

Do you mean the availability of reasonably priced housing for everyone, in a country which is sensibly planned, run for the benefit of its people rather than speculators like Mr. McManus, and in which housing is seen as a right rather than a commodity?

3 Likes

If you can afford to go to America, you can afford to eat in a modestly priced restaurant.

Jp McManus gives the equivalent of a fiver to the working man for the gaa clubs around the country and wants some sort of kudos for it? He is some sort of hero for it? He should fuck off or else start paying his taxes. Heā€™s done more harm than good to limerick Gaa too. Our all Ireland win wasnt a long term plan that came together from great planning. It was a few very lucky breaks along with some extremly hard work from players and coaches alike over the years. Im not even sure what money he is giving to the senior team? Nothing crazy or out of line with what kerry group, aig or other big Gaa sponsors I think. Iā€™m sure heā€™s a fine person and with the amount of money he has comes a lot of responsibility which he handles well for the most part but heā€™s no true Gael not by a long shot.

6 Likes

Why stop at housing?

Shouldnā€™t services such as schools and medical be the same?
Why stop there? Nationalize the lot. Pay everyone the same wage no matter what they do. We will all be good comrades. It turned out fine in Russia

I love the way when right-wing posters are rattled they always go for the biggest straw man argument they can think of and wonā€™t argue on anything other than on the basis of their straw man.

Saves them having to think, I suppose.

1 Like

The JP thing is gas. He could fuck off to wherever and totally forget about Ireland, yet here he is throwing money around and heā€™s getting abuse for it. You literally couldnā€™t make it up.

Like I said chief, you can please some of the people some of the time etc.

Iā€™m amused by the way some people view McManusā€™ philanthropy - castigating him as a cute hoor/ tax dodger/ Lord of the Manor/ The Anti-Christ of Limerick hurling blah blahā€¦

Heā€™s made his money years ago by whatever means weā€™re open to him and he did what he liked with it. The fact he was smart enough to move through life enjoying himself and accumulating yet more money has some begrudgers hopping like you know whatā€¦

Fair play to JP - he can do what he likes with it and not what drives lads over the edge. Backgammon must be a bit like Acey Deucy for high rollersā€¦

10 Likes

Not surprising to hear that guff coming from one of Haugheyā€™s bagmen.

2 Likes

Heā€™s only giving them the money to wind them all up.

Man, I donā€™t know what you know about him, but he helps a lot of people out, half the shit he doesnā€™t want kudos for, and it never gets discussed. Millions been donated by the man.

Youā€™re fucking worse for replyingā€¦ JP has been giving for years and when has he ever looked for kudos for anything? He does his own thing when he could be well shot of Ireland if he wanted. Heā€™s under no obligation to give money to any cause but he does time and time again.

1 Like

Youā€™re the best limerick poster on here

2 Likes

i love the way left wingers can sit behind their keyboards all day and keep shouting down guys that achieve in real life. Keep it up. JP has ye hopping like sausages in a pan.

He has looked after the top 8 students in CBS Sexton St since the mid 90ā€™s with scholarships for third level.

He has done an awful lot for Limerick that wasnt reported over the same period of time. Brother Russell on Mulgrave st was rebuilt for homeless people not so long ago with a 1.7m cheque is another example.

He has helped out the men and women who are out every night trying to prevent suicide on the river shannon in Limerick city by paying for the pontoon.

Theyā€™re three fantastic causes and barely touch what he has done charity wise over the years.

He does a lot of good with his money, that he doesnt really have to.

6 Likes

@anon78624367 , are you one of them?

1 Like

You seem to think donating millions and being a great man are mutually exclusive. I donā€™t believe that for a second. He could easily have donated the money without anybody in the public knowing. All these gestures of good will are to keep the public on side in my opinion and I wouldnā€™t be surpsied if thereā€™s some negative headlines coming out in the next few weeks.

1 Like