The great PJ McManus

I had the pleasure of sitting beside JP McManus at the 2015 All Ireland U21 Hurling Final. He was surprisingly down to earth, and very funny.

2 Likes

Me too pal.

The nerve of cunts here trying to take him down the morning after Limerick’s greatest day since 1973.

JP is no tax dodger.

He doesn’t have to put a cent into Limerick GAA and yet these cunts are having a pop.

I was surprised he’s still using a Nokia 6210 alright.

2 Likes

A burner I’d say

4 Likes

@daftlimmy shout

Hardly worthwhile when they’ll have to find cash to pay the tax on it.

This is JP McManus we are talking about here bro. Tax doesn’t come into it.

4 Likes

JP knows a few tricks about tax pal

Warm weather training in Malta for the winter and the kitchens ripped out of their homes.

It’s fart holey’s job to ladybird quips, mate.

1 Like

A good quote from JP reflecting on yesterday’s win and understating his involvement. “We are involved, but to say they are involved (players) is not enough - this is a committed bunch. The difference between being involved and being committed is like when you have bacon and eggs for breakfast. The hen was involved but the pig was committed”

4 Likes

Hurling is going the same way as EPL soccer. You need to be bankrolled by a sugar daddy like JP or Pat McDonagh to win.

1 Like

True dat.Football also.AIG,Kerrygold,Elverys,The Bush Hotel.Thats the way it’s gone now I suppose

We had multinational firm Masonite sponsoring us for years so we can’t really complain.

The fact that they employed about 3 people in the county and filled up local dumps with all sorts of shite doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

Such humility. I wouldn’t like to take him on in a game of backgammon either

1 Like

JP is a Limerick sporting legend, the uncrowned king of Sporting Limerick

2 Likes

And I thought morrisey was bad

1 Like

He is. Any fucking ape can see that and to say otherwise is foolish gibberish.

I wish he wouldn’t. He was on the news today gammin on about Gerry McManus and Joe McKenna, two cunts that openly despise anything other than hurling. It was as if no-one else had anything to do with these lads. Not a mention about anyone or anything else that had a positive input to the careers of these lads. Many of the cunts that inhabit and infest Limerick GAA are there only from PJs money.

We won an All-Ireland yesterday because of John Kiely and his team, not because Limerick GAA is the plaything of a tax dodging plastic paddy.

1 Like

Tax dodging is illegally dodging tax. JP isn’t doing that.

ye would have won nothing only for JP McManus and his financial investment in Limerick hurling

3 Likes

+1. So churlish to suggest it’s down to Kiely and this squad in splendid isolation. Obviously they overwhelmingly take most of the credit for their skill and commitment, but JP’s investment in the academy and coaching, and Limerick getting themselves sorted at Harty Cup, minor, U21 and Fitzgibbon Cup level, delivered some excellent young players to Kiely. Fair enough he’s managed to knit everything together but JP’s involvement has been pivotal.

4 Likes

In fairness they won fuck all when they were sponsored by Shaw’s almost Nationwide and Drug Free Limerick

1 Like