The great PJ McManus

What happened here - did they block release of toxicology report ?

That and he denies saying himself and the wife took cocaine on he night she died.

1 Like

Sigh …

I’ll always remember Gerry Ryan’s partner Melania v upset at the inquest. It was the first time she found out he was doing coke

1 Like

Too late. We’ve gotten to the “blood in the water” point. There’s a story, hence a publisher.
It’s unfortunate and indeed unseemly but the truth, or another version will unfold.

1 Like

Thats just a Galway thing, maybe you didn’t know :grin:

Remarkable coincidence, I’d say at your time of writing that I was at that young chaps grave and actually talking to his mother. We were there for a guard of honour for another club member who died last week before his time. Yea it was very noble what they did in coming out with the anti drugs message. Particularly a segment on Brendan O Connor show. Their hand might have been forced a small bit by reporting of it initially so they kind of went with it and embraced it rather than shy away from it. Grief can be incredibly destructive. It can rip apart families as well as bring them together and unfortunately it has been the former for this poor family.

10 Likes

@the_man_himself

You care to retract your earlier bullshit comments so?

That’s hard to hear. I’m sorry for your loss also.

1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Listened to most of it this morning. Very good.

It must have been a great time to be Irish when israbraq was on the go.

I preferred Danolis win over any of Istabraqs from an Irish winner view point anyway. JP and Ballydoyle isn’t exactly slaying the English dragon

2 Likes

Great days , the foot and mouth intervened in 2001 when we were going for 4 and in 2002 there was the hope we could tail against Father Time

3 Likes

My earliest racing memory was watching Istabraq fall at punchestown I think it was and I asked my father, could he not just run again in the next race.

I learned a valuable life lesson that day…

3 Likes

The Danoli’s days were great. One for the small trainer & owner

7 Likes

Danoli & Doran’s Pride; 2 heroes of my youth

6 Likes