The great PJ McManus

Iā€™ve no idea, I donā€™t play bar the club golf classic. Surely with the money heā€™s spent on it, and the price heā€™s charging for itā€¦

JP got Tiger into the billionaires club, he is his apprentice.

Like it doesnā€™t really make sense from the Ryder cup point of view as brooks, Bryson and the likes will be banned from the Ryder cup now Id presume.

Itā€™s probably likely thereā€™ll be no Ryder cup in Adare as it seems more and more players are going to deflect to the Saudi tour and even if the Saudis get their hands on the Ryder cup I doubt theyā€™ll play it on a jp owned course.

The no laying up podcast suggested the tv deals for each tournament was based on how many of the worlds top players turned up as well. So the pga tour events could fall apart quickly enough.

There is at least 20 better courses on this island

I donā€™t think lads ever really see a few million as immaterial no matter how much they already have

I wonder whoā€™ll be on the chopper to Croke Park on Sunday?

Weā€™ll probably see Justin Thomas and Matt Fitzpatrick introduced to the crowd at half time or something.

tiger obviously and jp are extremely well in with the top brass in Augusta. Is it possible they are getting players practise rounds etc for the masters which arenā€™t easy to come by? Augusta is an invitational so any of the players will be desperate to stay in with the top brass there. Phil mickelson got no invite this year to the masters and he isnt coming to Adare either is he? There has to be something in it for these players.

Ah they do. Itā€™s not like they would have nothi g to do it they stayed in the statesā€¦ Most of them filling a few dead days before the Scottish open

Why would a billionaire invite the best golfers in the world to come to his plaything and play golf?

Are lads really that clueless?

1 Like

The young players all idolise Tiger and thatā€™s why theyā€™re there, also, once youā€™re getting 3 or 4 of the top 10, the rest of them are probably thinking they should be there. Theyā€™ve a lot of stuff to discuss at the minute as well.

I think the reality of how he can draw such a field is pretty much as simple as is laid out here.

ā€œYeah, it is very impressive,ā€ Harrington said. "No appearance fees, no fees to go and play in the JP McManus Pro-Am

Morto for @BruidheanChaorthainn

2 Likes

Do you believe him ? I donā€™t.

It makes sense really. For wealthy people, being able to call in a favour from JP at any time is probably worth a lot more than just getting cash for an appearance.

Iā€™d say Jp just makes a great trip out of it that the lads enjoy. Iā€™m sure they get everything laid on and a nice thankyou gift. Why wouldnā€™t they go?

2 Likes

Something different from the usual tournamentsā€¦

Exact. No pressure. Fine wine and food. Nice course. Nice hotel. Good cause.

Pj is the sort who would do you a favour, sort of like the mafia

Yeah PƔdraig Harrington is a known liar