The great PJ McManus

Iā€™d say thereā€™s a few Irish billionaires watching on anxiously.

1 Like

And Desmond

2 Likes

Only as recently as two years ago magnier, Jp and Lewis bought that pub chain in England for half a billion.

All those Nursing Homes they own too and the land in Argentina.

Are they just washing money the same way some Drug Dealers do by having Ice Cream vans going round from Estate to Estate in towns and cities?

Ya youā€™d hear about plenty of coolmore mares ending up out in Argentina on the lads 80 thousand acre ranch.

Bizarrely Lewis only son is running the show out there.

First they came for Trump
Then they came for Joe Lewis
ā€¦

Istabraq, bred by the Maktoums of Dubai, out of a Secrertariat mare. NH racing heart and soul of Oireland to be sure to be sure.
Gas cunts.

1 Like

Rhoades was right.

Wags and Lewis were always at it.

2 Likes

I found myself nodding along to that.

https://twitter.com/robharris/status/1684211168737386497?s=46

But, but, but, PJ just put his Communion money on Mister Donovan in 1982 and ended up with 25 per cent in Manchester Unitedā€¦

8 Likes

The Limerick train will derail

https://www.thestory.ie/2010/10/13/the-glackin-report-final-part-1/

Links are broken in the article unfortunately and doubt thereā€™s the time or interest to get through a 180 page report.

Ladybird the corruption if you will for those of us interested but ignorant of what went on.

He made all his money from currency trading and gambling.

Ye took the hundred grand

7 Likes

The Tequila crisis

Classic. Compromise everybody so nobody can ask any questions.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m fairly sure that report details how Desmond and jp should almost certainly in jail for corruption but itā€™s more related to their dealings with the Irish government.

At some point in the 80s they befriended that Lewis chap and he got them involved in currency exchange. Desmond and jp essentially the putters on for Lewis.

I think in the late 80s and early 90s they got info on various economyā€™s that were going to collapse and bet on their currency. I think Argentina and Mexico were two of the countries.

Your man George Soros was heavily in the black Wednesday one. He cleared over a billion quid. Lewis was involved in that.

I think this sort of shady operations is where jp, magnier, Desmond etc went from shrewd business men and smart gamblers to untouchable billionaires.

5 Likes