The great PJ McManus

Why, what do you think his conscience is saying Ralphie?

Seems to be the lefty types in general who are absolutely spewing at JP’s generosity.

https://x.com/dllambo/status/1735388520359874704?s=61&t=ywRfELeDxVX6PcFItqXOXw

1 Like

This is what’s gas.

We invite foreign companies to these shores off the back of minimising their taxes with a tonne of smart cunts then making their living off the back of this policy.

But one of.our own works the system presented to him as an individual, meets his tax obligations and still kicks back above and beyond the legal requirement and we shoot him down.for it?

4 Likes

Are the county board keeping half of the money then? Leitrim and Carlow should be far higher given they only have 24 and 21 clubs respectively. The Cork clubs will be hard done by given the sheer volume of clubs there.

Only if they are generous.

No gives a fuck about Denis O’Brien

But but Mr Magnier in your adopted county, I’m sure as a card carrying member of Glen you’ve already sent a strongly worded mail to the club executive imploring them not to accept the :moneybag: from the Derry county board from such a scoundrel.

If it was a Steve jobs type, people be swinging out his Mickey. Jobs made his money out of terrible labour policies, unscrupulous business practices but the big yank be welcomed. Look at lads here fighting to make sure apple don’t have to pay their bill shur.

And one of our own investing in sports intwhat are the fabric of our national identity and he getting pilloried for it.

Some lads love to hate our own

2 Likes

Thanks for putting Antrim first.

3 Likes

I’ll buy that for a dollar

LGFA, Camogie and GAA clubs being counted as separate units in this surely.

1 Like

Well done to those who have resisted the One Club Model

One Club model needs to be adopted

I’ll ask Spike if we can round ye up to seven grand.

2 Likes

Snigger

31 to go

Official Ireland has sounded the klaxons.

1 Like

Wexford has 49 GAA clubs. How are we getting to €7k per club?

Lgfa and camogie is seperate

I know a few lads who got the scholarship and some admit when they realised it was possible to achieve the grades it inspired them to work harder in school, without it they could have fell into the trap often seen with working class youths. Its a lot more than money

6 Likes

A fantastic scholarship in fairness. Its going since the mid 90’s I think.

I was nowhere near it at the time myself. It wouldnt have been a vintage academic year either.

Perserverance is key after secondary school anyway.

1 Like