The great PJ McManus

Heā€™s just a great human being

1 Like

Itā€™s a travesty that there isnā€™t one already.

Where would be best for the statue?

The Flurry Knoxā€™s are circling again.

Tear down that cunt Oā€™Connell at the crescent and erect king McManus.

4 Likes

What did Oā€™Connell do for Limerick? How many All Irelands?

1 Like

2 Likes

None. He never done notin for usā€¦ Get him ta fuck.

Announce JP

I think his image should be projected on to the castle and it renamed King John Paulā€™s Castle

3 Likes

All messing aside,its simply a magnificent gesture by an out and out GAA fanatic who wasnt born with silver spoon and earned his money.Respect to him on that score.Huge respect and thanks.

His financial doping of the current squad is another matter for another day.

Financial?

244 unread posts?

Has PJ been charged with Tax evasion?

By about half a dozen lads in here, anyway.

1 Like

It was a lovely gesture by JP.

However the equity of it bothers me. Clubs in Sligo getting 30k and they donā€™t even put out a hurling team. Especially after all the furore about hurling in weaker counties recently.

5 Likes

There was no perfect way of doing it really, you couldnt please everyone

5 Likes

Some great comments under Willie Oā€™Deas post defending JP

ā€œHis the only person that helps his a man that should be running this country head do a better jobā€

ā€œIn my company I wonā€™t have a wrong word said about this man weather he pays taxes or not what I see in this man is a human who has never forgotten his roots knows exactly where he came from heā€™s very down to earth he does so much that no one will ever here of also his daughter an amazing woman, he hasnā€™t failed a child yet with scholarship education is a big thing with him and morals and in my own family this man has provided a facility in where members of my family have gotten treatment on there doorstep rather than having to travel its hard enough dealing with a diagnosis without worrying how and where you can get treatment to help a loved one and he has provided this for so many on many event Iā€™ve met this man Iā€™ve even had the pleasure in a visit with istabraq. This man has made me coffee and Iā€™ve stood on his toe :face_with_hand_over_mouth:on an occasion so in my opinion there is enough out there who donā€™t pay a penny tax and do nothing only cause wrong in society so instead of been bad minded open your eyes to the great this man has done in his own city and county and just imagine the good his done outside it. Well said Willie your on the ball as always and donā€™t ever change Jp.ā€

7 Likes

I was thinking the same, but I suppose those with the least deserve the most.

He would have made a right shame of the county boards of those trying to fold their hurling by offering to pay for it though. Would have been a better fuck you.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s plenty clubs not deserving will get a share. But he was right not to be trying to deal with that. Pass the buck to each county board to figure that one out

2 Likes

Does JP donate to willie

God bless JP. People I met tonight on my travels tonight agreed.

4 Likes

What a generous manā€‹:clap::clap::clap::clap::ireland: