The size of Mary lou

I’d rather do it with the local GAA club pal…politics is a different animal altogether.

1 Like

what was the message?

Ah yeah, each to their own

1 Like

Mld strikes me as an honest and very capable broker, O’Neil is a very impressive operator even if she’s a poor media performer- that’s one of the reasons the dup can’t abide her.
But f#*k Marxism.

O’Neils surname surely rattles them as well.

She doesnt have Martins charisma or nous either which is the key issue.

Mary Lou has a huge role to fill and piece of work ahead of her.

Fair play CM, did you get your card yet?

1 Like

No kid… The paper work is currently being drawn up.

2 Likes

SF are always interested in hearing from people with expert knowledge in the inner workings of a bank.

3 Likes

Does this include the national assets management association?

1 Like

What’s that?

Nama… The bad bank. … Dup slush fund

True. It takes bigger balls to steal via the pen than the uzi

Okay the National Asset Management Agency, I don’t think they hold deposits for retail banking.

Thanks for the correction. Google nama and dup

I know about that.

What does this have to do with the other bunch of halfwits who have administered British rule in your part of the world?

Your question appears to allude to, or challenge corruption, incompetence, fraternization and digression. What’s your priority?

Sinn Féin has today selected 26-year-old Carrickmore solicitor Órfhlaith Begley to contest the West Tyrone by election at a selection convention held today in Omagh.

Órfhlaith Begley said:

“I am proud to have been selected by my party colleagues to contest the West Tyrone by election.

“I hope to be a new voice for the constituency and look forward to working with the Sinn Féin team in West Tyrone to regain the Westminster seat and build on the first-class representation Sinn Féin provides for all.

“If elected MP for West Tyrone I pledge that I will be an MP for all, that I will work without fear or favour for all the people of this constituency.

“If you want an Acht Gaeilge, equal marriage rights, the right to a coroner’s inquest then I am calling on you to stand with Sinn Féin.

“If you want an MP who will stand up in the interests of all our people against the twin threats of Tory austerity and Brexit then stand with Sinn Féin.

“If you want an MP who is prepared to work for Irish unity, not just talk about Irish unity then stand with Sinn Féin.

“I want a modern and inclusive Ireland. An Ireland in which political persuasion, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or skin colour make no difference as to how a citizen is treated.

“Sinn Féin is the only party in West Tyrone able to deliver on a rights-based agenda.

“We can achieve all of that and much more when we have determination and energy and when we work closely with the citizens who are now taking these campaigns forward.

“It is more important than ever given the DUP’s collapse of the political talks and its continued denial of rights that we stand up strong and re-affirm West Tyrone’s commitment that the days of citizens being pushed to the back of the bus are over and aren’t coming back.

“There is a momentum for change in society with support building behind Sinn Féin’s platform of equality, rights and Irish unity.

“If my selection is approved by the Ard Chomhairle I will do all in my power to work for and advance that programme.” CRÍOCH/ENDS

Órfhlaith Begley Bio

Órfhlaith Begley is 26 years-old and she has lived in Carrickmore, Co Tyrone all of her life.

She is a member of Carrickmore GAC and played football for the club. She is also a keen supporter of the local Éire Óg hurling club.

She is an active member of the Frank Ward/ Joe McGarrity Sinn Féin Cumann based in the Carrickmore and Creggan area.

She has worked in several elections canvassing ithroughout West Tyrone. Her father Seán was a Sinn Féin Councillor for 26 years and previously the director of elections for West Tyrone.

She has always had an interest in politics and she graduated with a degree in Law with Politics from Queen’s University. Following this she continued her education at Queen’s and studied at the Institute of Professional and Legal Studies graduating as a solicitor.

She currently works in a general solicitor practice in both civil and criminal law and is a passionate human rights advocate.

Best of luck Orfhlaith. She’ll cruise home, good choice.

1 Like

Fantastic words from Orfhlaith. No wonder the DUP and Fianna Fáil, their equivalent in the south, fear formidable candidates like this.

I’d probably stand with a candidate that would take their seat in a knife edge parliament if those were my priorities to be honest

1 Like

You are a quisling though