The guess the pub thread

I was there Saturday evening. Had two lovely pints by the fire before moving on.

1 Like

I don’t.

were you in thomond park? It’s a bit far out for just a night out pub unless you’d reason to be out there

On the ball.

Certainly over 25s. Two of us. Were out of place tonight. Certainly young crowd. Not sure why people rave about the Guinness. Not great by any means.

Good spot. I wouldn’t have got it myself, even though I took the photo.

Was well before you’re :chicken: :hut: escapade so

1 Like

Tell me about it. Got dropped into the city meeting lads who were heading in from that side. When i rang they’d decided to stop in JJs for a few so I had to walk out there to meet them.

Came back in via Katie Dalys, then Portleys, Phil Flannerys, Old Quarter and Nancys.

Ye weren’t brave enough for the Rock bar?

3 Likes

And then the chicken hut.

1 Like

Seen portleys mentioned a few times… Was it always portleys

Grand spot

1 Like

Its nowhere near any path you would thread in Limerick of a night. Tis portleys a long time. Opposite the absoloute hotel by the river.

1 Like

I had never been, but had always wanted to have a pint there as it looks like my type of pub from the outside. It didn’t disappoint.

2 Likes

Iv stayed in absolute a few times… Doc’s or Ted’s was across the road was it?

Same side of the road and left coming out of portleys for docs.

I’ve never had a pint in it.

1 Like

Katies did an unreal pint a few years back, since the change of ownership the place is miles busier but the pint isn’t a patch on what it was.

Red brick on the corner off Balls Bridge. Inconspicuous. You’ve driven past it a hundred times.

1 Like

Docs just up the road yeah.

1 Like

Literally straight over the bridge from the abaolute

1 Like

I’d say Iv been in it a good few times cock eyed with a buddy from Limerick who would call it a pure solid honest place kid I promise…shortly tdly before he’d be roaring for chicken hut

The brother in law comes down from wicklow and the chicken hut is all he wants. If you got it without the gravy it would be pretty average fair. The chips are awful. That gravy though :stuck_out_tongue: