The guess the pub thread

A teacher?? Long time since a teacher in Ireland went for a pint at lunch time Iā€™d say.

1 Like

I called that a few weeks back on the over rated thread. Its grand, not Michelin star standard as some people reckon

Itā€™s a pub for the 20 odds now. Not a cosy place for a pint any more.

I went out the back for a quick look. Obviously freezing and deserted out there. But very spacious with a bar onsite. Nice setup.

We couldnā€™t think of another bar in Limerick City that backs onto the river. Anyone? The Locke is about the only bar that utilises the Shannon at all.

Strange, when you think about it.

Yeah it used to be an old mans pub but lately, last 5 years it became popular with a younger crowd. Saying that there is no pubs on the northside really.

It would be the only pub usong the shannon. The curragower does you can argue but no others. The locke is on the abbey river but the point remains the age old problem is limerick ignored the shannon for decades

You could argue about the rowing clubs as well. But itā€™s certainly not utilised like it could. With that said thereā€™s always a nice stiff breeze by the open river.

1 Like

The problem is the roads run right alongside the river, so there is nowhere really you could have a pub on the river. House have an outside area onto the river but itā€™s unusable 300 plus days a year as you said, with the cold

The rowing clubs miss a fortune in revenue, if they opened up an auld outdoor bar in the summer, or even a cafe theyā€™d clean up. Locke is nothing special and it does be rammed as it has a bit of space outdoors

JJs is all 20 somethings these days?

The rowing club is lovely inside

A handy enough one and a hard one. I wouldnā€™t class either as cathedrals of porter.

A

B

2 Likes

Earlier this evening.

3 Likes

Looks a top-notch pint there wherever is. Atinā€™ & drinkinā€™ in it. Enjoy.

The horseshoe?

Tā€™was nice alright Boxty, cheers. Had 2 and had to run. Sometimes a brace is nice.

1 Like

No, across the river, but not a million miles from the river.

Jack Nealonā€™s?

1 Like

Slatterys?

A quart Iā€™d call it. Looked good though.

Correct and right

1 Like

2 Likes

Gibneys??