The hurling qualifiers 2017

Ridiculous. Apes.

Draw tomorrow week. It’ll be later that afternoon when times and venues are confirmed - giving teams and supporters a mere five days to prepare for a knock out match. It’s no wonder crowds are down across the board when there’s fuck all organisation for these matches.

Thick cunts are happy to make the provincial draws seven or eight months in advance but drag the arse out of the qualifiers to the last possible minute.

Hurling gets little enough promotion as it is and then they defer this draw needlessly, a two week build up to say Kilkenny v Waterford/Tipp in a knock out game at the start of July wouldn’t have been any harm.

Fucking dopes.

15 Likes

Because Carlow have to play Laois presumably. If Laois were to win that big local derby, wouldn’t they have to be kept away from Westmeath who they’ve already faced in the Leinster Championship?

Told you

Laois havent played Offay in the LSHC.

Isn’t the qualifiers fixed for 1st July and the draw on the 26th June?

@Fitzy, you should leave the Wexford discussion to the Wexford lads and focus on your own patch.
What’s the feeling up in your part of Carlow about prospects against Laois in the qualifier on Sunday?

1 Like

I’ll predict:
Tipp vs Offaly
Waterford vs Westmeath
Kilkenny vs Limerick
Laois/Carlow vs Dublin

Tipp v W. Meath
Waterford v KK
Offaly v Limerick
Laois/Carlow v Dublin

You hope

KK v Tipp
Waterford v Offaly
Carlow v Dublin
Limerick v Westmeath

Tip and Waterford to reach the 1/4

Yes Joe
We are going to go down to nowlan park and bate Kilkenny out the gate.

Padraig Walsh will be crying and Cody will retire after it

2 Likes

I wouldn’t nind Waterford in 1/4 final

I’ll bet you two shillings Tipp & Waterford won’t make the quarters @Joe_Player

I’ll take that bet sir.

I suppose the teams in the provincial finals are hoping Tipp and KK make it through to quarters so they cant be accused of winning a soft All Ireland . It certainly has put an asterisk beside Clare’s 2013 win .

Done. A 50/50 shot of them meeting if they manage to win both their first games, plus the chance they don’t both win one of 4 games even if they don’t meet. I make it about a 25% chance of them both getting through

1 Like

http://www.punditarena.com/gaa/aaron-ward/blow-waterford-stephen-bennett-recieves-ban-following-faceguard-pull/ @Fagan_ODowd