The I haven’t done a stroke of work today thread - the Iron Mike thread

Official busy period in work ended Friday with the conclusion of a government inspection of my work. Given I won’t be getting anything extra (bar a meager bonus) I intend doing as little as possible today and tomorrow and for the rest of this week.

Try working FOR The Man, tinnnion. We get the same inspection and there ain’t no bonus at the end of it. Just hours of Flexitime built up from all the late evenings and a deterioration of health from all the drinking to forget reality that goes with it.

You are working in the public sector aren’t you? How can you complain, you have the life of riley.

+1. I’d say thrawneen could pick out 33% of the staff in there that could be culled and productvity wouldnt fall one iota.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 642774”]

Try working FOR The Man, tinnnion. We get the same inspection and there ain’t no bonus at the end of it. Just hours of Flexitime built up from all the late evenings and a deterioration of health from all the drinking to forget reality that goes with it.[/quote]

LOL

I get paid the same as the Polish cleaning girl. It’s an absolute cod. You’re also not allowed be out sick and come in late all the time anymore, it’s a joke.

How do you think i feel. I have not had a single sick day in my last two jobs (touch wood), going back a period of about four years, and have come in late once in my current job.

Just resigned, being walked off the premises today, holidays at last. May not be on here for a while, see you pals.

:clap: best of luck fitzy.

:clap:

Being walked off the premises… FFS, what a shower of cnuts. Enjoy the break beofre the new role.

Dawn, I’m fed up.

I don’t think I was ever less motivated for work than I am today.
I can’t bring myself to do a tap, and I wasn’t even out yesterday.

That is what happens when you turn 30, kid

My productivity is quite high today even though I was fairly legless last night. Starting to fade now though… green tea will give me another hours motivation hopefully.

I had a meeting at lunch time and to be honest I’m struggling to remember anything that was said in it.

“kid” :rolleyes:

im officially 40% complete now with the working week that is Sunday - Thursday in this mess of a country
Struggling for the last 2 weeks as ive been up watching the late night olympic basketball that went thru till ~2-30 AM most nights than back up at 7 for the 60km commute to work, also my return to the forum has consumed some of my sleep time
I find tho as i get older im able to survive with a lot less sleep , 5-6 hours a night is fine .

Motivation levels are low tho, i always find this to be an issue at the end of fiscal Q2 and the beginning of Q3, as the projects you work on now may be forgotten by EOY and one needs to save themselves for that cut throat Q4 when the backstabbing in this place wil really start in order to get yourself ahead in the management honours list.
This time last year the place i am with were in a startup phase and was at it 24x7 activity July - January so that kept me busy, you cant sustain that pace however and now we have the place up and sustaining things are getting a little repetitive as we are now just literally a production facility.
Im off home at weekend for the KK-Tipp match, got the weekends wrong been a corkman i just assumed we would win Munster, anything will do at this stage tho and im looking forward to the hints…

What the fuck is your problem?

DP

In at 10 out at 4 today. Only half an hour for lunch mind. Minimal output.

What’s the point to life?