The I haven’t done a stroke of work today thread - the Iron Mike thread

Absolutely. No fear of it here today though

I get paid the same whether I do a lot or very little. I choose the latter mainly.

Got to work today at 2pm. Said I’d ease myself in so, after arranging my troops, I watched a good bit of the Man City-Burnley game. Now, I didn’t want to be openly taking the piss, so I occasionally got up at regular intervals to have a chat/flirt with a few of my subordinates, just to seen out and about, before retaking my position in front of the telly.

I felt I was kinda due a break at this stage so, rather than put myself through another tough 90 minutes, I went for a good long walk. Turned into what could be called a lap of the airport as I blasted past the 10,000 step mark towards the end.

Came back to the office and tried to catch up on my paperwork (tfk) but there was a right annoying crowd of children waiting on baggage. They were engaging in all sorts of singing and chanting and generally interrupting the flow of my whole tfk expperience. I therefore took the only sensible option available and went up to Burger King for a crispy bacon king. Now I tacked on an extra chicken patty to up the protein ratio and got no chips but it still made shit of my calorie allowance for the day so I had to leave work for another hour and go to the gym.

Came back from the gym at around 7 and, being honest, I was a bit tired. So much so in fact that I had give myself a quick break and met a mate for coffee in the new, and wonderful, Cafe Nero in Terminal 2. The cappucino there is lovely and strong, but still has the lightness and fluffiness I look for.

He’d walked over from the North terminal so it was only fair I walked back with him. Now this was 30 minutes of solid walking and, naturally, my energy levels were on the slide again, so I took a detour on the way back for a bottle of sparkling water and a Fulfill protein bar.

A few of my team were on break when I got back in and, of course they had the snooker on, so I sat in and watched a bit of that. Ended up making tea for seven (7) people meaning a second pot was needed. I was flat out at that kettle for a good 10 minutes. We only had loose-leaf which, although a lot nicer, requires a bit too much pricking around for my liking. That said, I drank 3 and a half good strong cups of it.

I’m finally back in the office now, listening to a bit of spotify. First minute I’ve had to myself all day.

29 Likes

You conveniently left out the times you and ‘the team’ rifled through passengers bags before you fired them on the carousel.

1 Like

Exhibit A in public inquiry into inevitable terrorist attack

2 Likes

Terrorists would be all following Man City so I knew we were safe today

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with counter terrorism. TFK should not rely on me to prevent terrorist attacks

5 Likes

That’s a grand post

2 Likes

Excellently told; brisk, but without sacrificing detail.

This Cafe Nero could be a game-changer, but I’m hoping with this latest trip my days of international bidness are over for a good long while, so I’ll be predominantly pinting in T2 from now on.

I enjoyed it. Well balanced a d didn’t over egg it

2 Likes

The man in charge is obviously not up to it

2 Likes

I was through passport control on Friday night in less than a minute I’d say and all the automatic passport readers were open. Have the automatic passport readers already unionized?

1 Like

I think yer man is on about Departures is he?

They are often closed. Not sure if they being open or closed follows any particular logic

The use of the auto passport readers across the EU makes the credit card sized passport much less attractive for traveling without the full size passport.

Fuck him.

An absolute stones of a man.

2 Likes

I’ve flown in to Dublin 5 or 6 times in as many months and it was the first time I ever saw them open I’d say. There was no queue at the time either which may have been to do with them being open or just luck but you’d imagine they should open them when it’s busy at least.
It’s a bit stupid they force UK flights through passport control. You never have your passport checked on the other end.

Would tea bags instead of loose leaf tea solve this issue?

2 Likes

What issue? I always do everything I can to delay Mr Moran. He best get used to it.

4 Likes

Yeah the common travel area with UK does not work because of how Dublin Airport is designed. If it was other way around lads would be going mad

1 Like