The I will not be supporting Oireland with Poppy O'Neil and the traitor in charge thread

I know to a fact he was at advanced stages of Enquiries about getting a 50/50 jersey made potters and boys in green, with Oā€™Neillā€™s name on the back

4 Likes

Lee howey has some interesting things to say about the ā€œirishā€ mercenaries. Also about Geoff Thomas, and about sol Campbell.

You could post what he has to say, you know?

You wont believe what Lee Howey had to say about Geoff Thomas

Lee Howey Opens up on Sol Campbell

Lee Howey lets loose and it makes interesting reading for Irish football fans

3 Likes

Who is Lee Howey?

Donā€™t let us die wondering anyway. What did he have to say?

the pieman in greggs

1 Like

You called this one very badly yourself from the start.

1 Like

this thread suggests otherwise

swoooooshh

Ah Iā€™d spoil it. Its in his autobiography. Itā€™s a good read by and large, well worth the time and money. Iā€™d never heard of him before I picked it up. My main criterion for reading a sports autobiography is that it is self - penned (which in football automatically puts the subject down as a. literate and b. disciplined, putting them in a small group).
Iā€™m precisely 49% through this one, and really enjoying it. @Big_Dan_Campbell and @rocko, itā€™s well worth a read thus far at least.

Journeyman pro soccerball player Iā€™d never heard of before buying his book.

Did I hear correctly that Wales had 9 players in their starting 11 last night, younger than the youngest member of the Eire starting 11? At least I think that was the point bumbling Des Cahill was trying to make on the radio.

Only you can confirm whether you heard something correctly or otherwise.

6 Likes

Difficulty is I wasnā€™t able to decipher what Des Cahill was trying to say. I think it was possibly that Wales had the youngest 9 players on the field at the start of last nights match but couldnā€™t be sure.

Looks like we will never know for certain so.

Thatā€™s wrong anyway. Wales had Williams, Allen, Bale, Ramsey and Hennessey playing. All late 20s/thirties

Hallelujah!

1 Like

A great day for Irish football

Have someones prayers been answered?

Will Poppy and the Walkers leprechaun get til the end of the season? 3-0 down away to Sheffield Wednesday. 6 points off the play offs with 5 games remaining