The Ian Bailey is dead thread

Forensics are everything in a murder case. At the end of the day there is nothing in them to identify Bailey. Cops are told to go where the evidence is. As I said before, it strikes me that they went after Bailey to cover up their own errors, or something more sinister with all of these pieces of evidence going missing, including a bloody gate!!

Yes I have read it. Due to a combination of factors they were not able to build a DNA profile that connected Bailey to the crime BUT also werenā€™t able to rule him out either because this DNA was essentially worthless. The DNA is a moot point. The ā€œno Bailey forensic at the sceneā€ you referenced above might as well read no anybody forensic at the scene.

1 Like

yes, and you said that bailey contaminated the scene, which clearly isnt the case from your clippings above

1 Like

What about fingerprints? These lads surely had investigated crimes before where they had to take fingerprints? Seeing as it has been around as an evidence gathering technique for donkeys years.

There hadnā€™t been a murder in West Cork since Tom Barryā€™s time.

Even if they had found a hair folicle from Bailey which they didnā€™t it would have been inadmissible because he was there. He was there at the scene taking photos, talking to guards and walking all over the crime scene.

nope, try again

and that would put DNA into STDP fingernails and put a clump of his hair in her hand?

Is the West Cork podcast long?

I love the way Garda corruption and malpractice is described as procedural or operational failures. Any complaints had to be made to the Gardai themselves. Report also suggests many detectives refused to cooperate. Sure doesnā€™t one of the lead detectives still think the woman incorrectly convicted of the Kerry babies is guilty. Fucking flute believes in cocktail babies. This was Irelandā€™s best and brightest constabulary sent down from Dublin.

3 Likes

I honestly think fellas are applying CSI MIami like standards of policing that they glean from netflix to a mid 90ā€™s murder scene in Schull. FFS if the crime had been committed in Mohill or Ballydehob do people honestly think guards would have been investigate this properly. They were probably part time guards and farmers as well. One lad probably saw the gate and thought to himself this would stop the heifer eating the neighbours Hydranges. I dont think it is a big conspiracy. Just pure and utter incompetence allied to the fact that they tried to make the case fit around him.

11 Likes

It is but it definitely worth a listen.

1 Like

Short episodes. I can live with that

Just had a read of the Wikipedia page and it sounds like the Gardai were accidentally recording themselves plotting to stitch up Bailey.

I repeat DNA was rendered useless. Its in the report that you asked me to read. Its in other reports that I have read. You couldnā€™t match it to anything let alone Bailey.

1 Like

incompeence doesnt make pages from the job book go missing. incompetence doesnt have witness coerced, bullied and brobed into making statements that are false and that AGS know to be false. that requires planning and that is conspiring. allied to the missing evidence and you can be damn sure its a conspiracy with liberal spoonfuls of incompetence

1 Like

I agree 100%. Some key witnesses were coerced.

But there are plenty of other witnesses. Iā€™m sure not all of them were coerced or lying.

most of whom wouldve come forward after gardai has poisoned attitudes to bailey. yā€™know, the wave on the street becomes aggressively shaking the fist and so on.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

1 Like

that was DNA at the time, science has moved on. when was the last time the DNA was tested and what were the results?

Yeah look I suspect weā€™ll never find out. We both have very different views on it and interpretations and could go back and forth all day and it wouldnā€™t be our first time. It is an extremely complex case with layers upon layers of confusion blended in with incompetence and Gardai malpractice. Iā€™m sure the series will unearth some more people who might take an interest in the case and I would be interested to hear their thoughts too.

1 Like