The Imaginary Friend Thread

Leonard Gray and I were soul mates from the beginning. He was the workhorse foil to my flamboyant genius. He’d hold the middle while I would cover the acres of ground and delivered the winning goals.

We once played a record 9 All Ireland finals in one day. Pausing only for dinner and tea. Another day we were going for 10 but I broke a window in the front of the house and my mother made us move around to the gable wall and the momentum was lost.

One time we came back from 6-15 to 0-7 with 10 minutes to go to win by 9-8 to 6-16. I hand passed a couple of handy goals for Leonard, which he finished with relish, but after he missed a few handy chances to win the game I stepped in to deliver the coup de grace. That was generally how it went. We were the greatest midfield pairing ever to represent Waterford, but when push came to shove ODowd was the one to deliver the telling blow.

We won a couple of FAI cups and led Waterford to a Cup Winners Cup Final win. Beating Eintracht Frankfurt in the final. One Sunday morning we were lording it against Meath and were well on the way to Waterford’s first All Ireland but Mammy called me in to go to Mass and the moment was lost forever.

We retired about the time I discovered women and drink and we drifted apart. I believe Leonard ended up as a successful soccer coach in Sacramento. While I went through a spiral of alcoholism and failed relationships, Leonard settled down and married a beautiful woman and had six children.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 811204, member: 706”]Leonard Gray and I were soul mates from the beginning. He was the workhorse foil to my flamboyant genius. He’d hold the middle while I would cover the acres of ground and delivered the winning goals.

We once played a record 9 All Ireland finals in one day. Pausing only for dinner and tea. Another day we were going for 10 but I broke a window in the front of the house and my mother made us move around to the gable wall and the momentum was lost.

One time we came back from 6-15 to 0-7 with 10 minutes to go to win by 9-8 to 6-16. I hand passed a couple of handy goals for Leonard, which he finished with relish, but after he missed a few handy chances to win the game I stepped in to deliver the coup de grace. That was generally how it went. We were the greatest midfield pairing ever to represent Waterford, but when push came to shove ODowd was the one to deliver the telling blow.

We won a couple of FAI cups and led Waterford to a Cup Winners Cup Final win. Beating Eintracht Frankfurt in the final. One Sunday morning we were lording against Meath and were well on the way to Waterford’s first All Ireland but Mammy called me in to go Mass and the moment was lost forever.

We retired about the time I discovered women and drink and we drifted apart. I believe Leonard ended up as a successful soccer coach in Sacramento. While I went through a spiral of alcoholism and failed relationships, Leonard settled down and married a beautiful woman and had six children.[/quote]
Me and packie mcgarty won several all-irelands back in the day,we beat Kerry in a right few finals and meath in a few too

Mine made an appearance at my wedding where my cunt of a best man had left a fully set place for him at the top table.

How much did he put in the card

1 Like

All take with that bollox since he turned ten

Was he from cavan

I had a friend called Milko when I was younger. He let me finger another friend of his.
Sally was her name, lived in a caravan park.
Sound lad was Milko.

Weird cunts.

Aren’t you from tipp :confused:

It is to a stoned lad. Just resist the urge to ride your cousin tonight and you’ll be grand.

She died.

Before or after?

What was her username?

RIP.

That’s a lads signature

AIDS is a cunt alright.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 811204, member: 706”]Leonard Gray and I were soul mates from the beginning. He was the workhorse foil to my flamboyant genius. He’d hold the middle while I would cover the acres of ground and delivered the winning goals.

We won a couple of FAI cups and led Waterford to a Cup Winners Cup Final win. Beating Eintracht Frankfurt in the final. One Sunday morning we were lording it against Meath and were well on the way to Waterford’s first All Ireland but Mammy called me in to go to Mass and the moment was lost forever.

We retired about the time I discovered women and drink and we drifted apart. I believe Leonard ended up as a successful soccer coach in Sacramento. While I went through a spiral of alcoholism and failed relationships, Leonard settled down and married a beautiful woman and had six children.[/quote]

That’s fucking superb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPOKJikcYMk