The Impending War Thread

Bring back @project x for the coverage of today’s events.

3 Likes

Europe is under attack tonight

The shortsightedness of the admins badly exposed here. Clearly gambled on a quiet holiday season on the terrorism front, and it’s kicking off big time all over Europe. Limerick could be next.

I just hope the Dax holds up tomorrow

5 Likes

@Rocko is a genius. :clap:

And a Turk???..

No he just likes kebabs

The DAX will be under pressure tomorrow. Not due to the attack per se but because that’s a big blow to Merkel if it is terrorism. Also another few votes for le pen. Bad news for the European Union

All joking aside. I have no doubt that had these events happened as recently as 20 to 30 years ago we’d all be digging bunkers now

Terrorism ain’t new mate. Munich 1972 for example.

True. But some lunatic isn’t far away from hitting that red button that’ll kick the whole lot off.

Because some nut drove a lorry into a crowd or walked into a Mosque and opened fire indiscriminately? FFS

I wonder what the impact of IRA style attacks would be in the current state of affairs. Shelling a British cabinet meeting and nearly blowing up the Prime Minister. A different level of threat entirely to what you see these days.

2 Likes

A different class of terrorist altogether

True enough. These amateurs who kill themselves without providing feedback for the next day out are a waste of space.

Common courtesy to give advance warning too

1 Like

As Bertie said, the good old provos.

Decent British terrorists.

The Russians seem to have taken this in good grace

That appears quite a loaded statement