The Impending War Thread

Strike on Syria?

Oil Prices are???

100000 people already dead, hardly impending.

Verify this numbers Fitzy

Who comes up with these figures, in reality who the fuck would know how many people are dead?

No one, its an estimate. But the UN Secretary General sems to believe its pretty accurate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23455760

For fucks sake.

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 823147, member: 236”]No one, its an estimate. But the UN Secretary General sems to believe its pretty accurate.

For fucks sake.[/quote]
:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1rj_zJo_hwU

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 823147, member: 236”]No one, its an estimate. But the UN Secretary General sems to believe its pretty accurate.

For fucks sake.[/quote]

You’re all bark and no bite.

@Fitzy is correct and the UN has monitored the death toll.

There is already civil war in Syria. This thread should be called the impending international war thread or the impending war that we care about because western powers are involved thread.

Getting interesting now alright.

The US, France & UK are ready to support action against the Syrian Government. Looks like a brief bombing campaign or such. They have said it is not a regime change they are looking for, but a punishment :rolleyes:. What better way to help the victims of chemical attacks in Syria than by bombing the shit out of them.

Russia lining up on the other side warning against any move.

Turkey and Israel both supporting action against the government, while the Iranians are warning against.

To me it would seem both sides are as bad as the other, with some reports of rebel atrocities aswell. They need to go in and disarm the whole lot of them, or stay out of it.

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 823188, member: 332”]Getting interesting now alright.

The US, France & UK are ready to support action against the Syrian Government. Looks like a brief bombing campaign or such. They have said it is not a regime change they are looking for, but a punishment :rolleyes:. What better way to help the victims of chemical attacks in Syria than by bombing the shit out of them.

Russia lining up on the other side warning against any move.

Turkey and Israel both supporting action against the government, while the Iranians are warning against.

To me it would seem both sides are as bad as the other, with some reports of rebel atrocities aswell. They need to go in and disarm the whole lot of them, or stay out of it.[/quote]

You’re right of course Julio, but to say its getting interesting now ignores the fact that tis war is going on for over 2 yars, and 100000 people have died. To call this thread The Impending War thread just goes to illustrate how self serving we are in the west.

Is this really happening already?

Fuck me it’s bizarre. What the fuck does America, France & the UK got to do with this? What is the rhetoric for this one even? Have not really been following it.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 823462, member: 273”]Is this really happening already?

Fuck me it’s bizarre. What the fuck does America, France & the UK got to do with this? What is the rhetoric for this one even? Have not really been following it.[/quote]
The West are blaming Assads regime for the chemical weapons atrocity and are slowly talking themselves into doing something, Obama said a chemical attack would be a ‘red line’ for the White House about a year ago so kinda has to at least be seen to do something. Russia and China will not be pleased as they maintain that it’s not been proven that the chemical attack was carried out by Assad.
Excellent background doc to all this here if anyone’s interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzmbUqQOeMA

The only proven use of chemical use is in Iraq by the Yanks. Kids being born deformed, cancer on the rise. American soldiers admitting there was uranium in the rockets they used.

And they wonder why the Middle East hates them. Hypocrites.

the Americans were killing people by flying drones over Afghanistan and dropping them over weddings so fuck them acting like the good guys

America supports freedom. America takes shit from nobody.
America is great:cool:

You’re all three day old shirt and no deoderant

I don’t think there’s any real doubt that the Assad regime used chemical weapons and killed up to 1000 people last week. America has said this is the red line and they have to take action once thats crossed. But the action will more than likely be a few Tomahawks fired at Damascus for 2 days. That probably won’t really change anything, unless Assad is killed, which is unlikely. More likely is that they’ll kill more civilians and it will be a PR coup for Assad. The Syrian regime can then unleash a few terrorists to hit western targets. If they hit Israel, then is does become interesting, as the Israeli’s won’t fuck around with a few missiles, they’ll carpet bomb the fuckers @mickee321 -am I right?

The revolutionary forces are probably just as bad and contain many nasty elements. Serious Pandora’s box there.

Escalation of conflict will do nothing here. I’d be delighted to see Assad die a horrible death, but regime change may well be a worse outcome. The key here is to get the Russkies and Chinese on board, they have the influence in Syria. But the chances of that are remote.