The incredible pieces of skill thread

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 980837, member: 180”]‘Sport’ used twice, check :smiley:

Move on pal, I have, as Laois have, fuck it, even that clown Flynn has. Best of luck in the hurling. I look forward to wondering at Brosnans end line freekicks in a match someday. Or not.[/QUOTE]

hi pal…i knocked on the window over yonder but you never answered so I looked in here …simple question - what club do you play with or did play with in laois??..

I play in Dublin now pal, with a well know Northside club. Albeit I’ve dropped down the ranks a bit now, I can stop a good man from playing.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 980837, member: 180”]‘Sport’ used twice, check :smiley:

Move on pal, I have, as Laois have, fuck it, even that clown Flynn has. Best of luck in the hurling. I look forward to wondering at Brosnans end line freekicks in a match someday. Or not.[/QUOTE]

Sport,

“sport” is my favored form of address on this message board, I thought that was patently evident. I dont know to what incident i should move on from, nor why you mentioned the “that clown Flynn”.

I never had any problem, which you seem to be suggesting, with Laois’s victory over us. In fact i lamented the publication of the youtube video detailing the so called soft frees.

I wish you the best in looking forward to Ben’s kicks from the end line but this is only a confidence building exercise he indulges in during his warm up as same cannot actually be perpetrated in the actual game.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 980829, member: 180”]But this is an Internet forum pal, there is no noise. You swung for the fences there and missed badly. Still from that passage which you googled it seems as though you may have learned something so I’m happy to have helped out in some way with your education.

I seem to have bugged you greatly by my disdain at your players decision to take trick shots during a warm up. It was merely an observation, yet here you are, a week as a half later still getting upset by it. If I am to be this ‘empty vessel’ you speak of, is it not you who are the greater fool to be so worked up over it?

Have a think about that.[/QUOTE]

in fairness to the @count of monte cristo here, a video of a nice bit of skill by Brosnan kicking a free from the endline over the bar before the game, and you criticize him. and then within a week you post a video of Kerry player Sheehan kick over a free from the 13 in a very similar skill set.

its pretty apparent you dont have much time for some of the Wexford showboaters, but you fawn over the Kerry boys. So be it, but its highly ironic for you to slate Brosnan for his skill yet laud Sheehan for his, considering they were both pretty similar.

I wont bother responding to your next repl[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]y, but I will acknowledge it

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 980882, member: 112”]in fairness to the @count of monte cristo here, a video of a nice bit of skill by Brosnan kicking a free from the endline over the bar before the game, and you criticize him. and then within a week you post a video of Kerry player Sheehan kick over a free from the 13 in a very similar skill set.

its pretty apparent you dont have much time for some of the Wexford showboaters, but you fawn over the Kerry boys. So be it, but its highly ironic for you to slate Brosnan for his skill yet laud Sheehan for his, considering they were both pretty similar.

I wont bother responding to your next repl[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]y, but I will acknowledge it[/QUOTE]
Not the same Gman, one is prickacting when he should be warming up from an angle he will neve have to go from In a game.

The other is a high pressure situation in a provincial final from a legal position.

You say they’re similar? I’m shocked you think that, they are nothing of the sort.

The video was merely a vehicle to highlight the difference and our ol ‘sport’ acquiesced as I suspected he might.

I couldnt really care about the Wexford show ponies, Laois have had far new of them than ye anyway.

The ‘sport’ is fuming now and thats fine, its the internet, its a way of letting off steam, but he won’t change my mind no matter how hard he tries, which seems to bother him for some reason.

My good pal @Young Ned of the Hill informs me that there are only 800 people who play hurling in Dublin so it shouldn’t be hard for ye to find out who MBB plays for

:o

:frowning:

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 980888, member: 180”]Not the same Gman, one is prickacting when he should be warming up from an angle he will neve have to go from In a game.

The other is a high pressure situation in a provincial final from a legal position.

You say they’re similar? I’m shocked you think that, they are nothing of the sort.

The video was merely a vehicle to highlight the difference and our ol ‘sport’ acquiesced as I suspected he might.

I couldnt really care about the Wexford show ponies, Laois have had far new of them than ye anyway.

The ‘sport’ is fuming now and thats fine, its the internet, its a way of letting off steam, but he won’t change my mind no matter how hard he tries, which seems to bother him for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Sport,

I don’t give way to my passions so easy, I am more the cold calculating type. I have not fumed in quite some time.

I dont use the internet to let off steam,as you can see all my posts are measured and full of reason.

I play sport and have a few beers to vent.

What is it I am fuming about? that you appreciate the skill of a Kerry player over that of a wexford one? not at all.

What i do find strange is that this thread is entitled “the incredible pieces of skill thread” not “the incredible pieces of skill thread whilst under pressure thread”.

Perhaps if you knew Ben’s dad is a Kerry man you would appreciate his skill levels that little bit more, but that is of course your prerogative.

[QUOTE=“count of monte cristo, post: 980898, member: 348”]

What i do find strange is that this thread is entitled “the incredible pieces of skill thread” not “the incredible pieces of skill thread whilst under pressure thread”.[/QUOTE]
But I posted up the incredible piece of skill from Sheehan, I never mentioned it in relation to any other? I merely was appreciating his skill, temperment and ability to carry off such a piece of skill, even more so to do so in a game situation. You are welcome to post up your own example if you wish you know?

This seems to be a very odd statement, keeping in line with your general tone on this matter I guess. My opinion of Brosnans prickacting is quite clear, I never derided his ability, merely the time and place. You have me all wrong “sport”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6iPHkSAAMw

Not a skill, merely prickacting.

Everton U-21, Conor Grant, scores with a fabulous back-heel flick in training.:clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6OuPngemvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RQtS3SwhfQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYOXorJI2Ho

:clap:

only saw that now, @glasagusban[/USER], [USER=1513]@habanerocat, do ye have more?

Is that the freestyle hurling thing? Check out Cian Lynch’s. He came second.

They were done for that Rory’s stories thing on facebook a while back. If you go to his page and go back a good bit you’ll see a few different ones.

[MEDIA=facebook]348850365266186[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=vine]MV0Hqx1FgUJ[/MEDIA]