The Insurance Thread

You’d want your head examined to be driving around Dublin without a camera now.

cc @Ambrose_McNulty, cc @KinvarasPassion which of ye toerags put in a claim?

How much was membership a month?

Mcnulty is on the flat of his back the past 6 months after attempting a 60kg Bulgarian bench press.

4 Likes

Good piece by Ewan here, tnh additions excepted.

2 Likes

Will Colm un retire from the panel now?

1 Like

I’m a tad conflicted so I’m going to err on the side of neither. They’re both cunts.

Has anybody changed their mortgage protection and life insurance lately? Any advice as to how to go about it?

Changed mortgage protection through a broker last year to also cover wife’s house in the one overall policy. Pretty seamless although plenty of health questions.
My existing policy with new Ireland (taken out 10 years ago) didn’t allow me to upgrade/amend so cancelled.

The broker lion.ie seem fairly decent with lots of sensible info on their website covering different options etc

1 Like

An incident occurred in a supermarket car park the other day involving let’s say A,B and C.
A is the alert guy who sees the incident. B is the potential mug and C is, well C is a dodgy cunt.

B is in the shop when A approaches him to enquire if he owns a red Merc. Upon affirmation A says there’s a problem but I’ve got it covered and photographed.
B goes out to find a dent in the back panel and A nods towards a battered 05 Focus parked beside it with an elderly rustic calmly reading the paper.
After much loud talk and denials A steps forward to confirm sighting and recording. C then changes tack and says he’ll pay - it’s only a hundred at worst. B wonders what to do and decides Garda input might be the safer route.
Phones Gardaí, too busy at the moment, what’s the issue…I’ve had a small belt from C’s Focus…
Oh, it’s yourself B, I’ll be there in 5.
Arrives, agreement reached, insurance job (Zurich), all grand…Until:

I).It appears B’s drivers license is a month out of date and
I) That little dent is priced at €1600 ……as per reputable repair shop…

€1,600 is absolute robbery to my mind. The repair guys are milking it big time…

Which of the three were you mate?

the guard

1 Like

You’ll get that fixed and sprayed for 300 .

1 Like

I wouldnt even bother spraying it been honest

The panel beater charging 1600 yoyos

5 Likes

That’s some smack in the gob for @tazdedub

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/judge-throws-out-60k-claim-by-civil-servant-who-fell-at-cavan-gaa-match-985708.html

C obviously

We need more judges like this.