The Insurance Thread

Anyone ever claim on theirs? My Samsung SII is acting up and I’m not due an upgrade until August so I was thinking of fabricating a story for the insurance company but don’t want to report the phone stolen/lost to the Gardai or have it blacklisted.

Any thoughts?

Here’s a thought. You’re a fraudster

Well spotted, and any advice?

see what you requirements on the policy are…ie what you have to do to make a complaint…

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 770564, member: 306”]Anyone ever claim on theirs? My Samsung SII is acting up and I’m not due an upgrade until August so I was thinking of fabricating a story for the insurance company but don’t want to report the phone stolen/lost to the Gardai or have it blacklisted.

Any thoughts?[/quote]

http://www.insuranceconfidential.ie/Portals/20/Skins/Test%20IFFCONF_home/images/banner.jpg

Insurance fraud is a crime.

I’ve done it 3 times in last 4 years. Twice were genuine. The first wasn’t. Told the shop and the gardai I lost it in a nightclub. No questions asked but meant the old phone was blocked which wasn’t a problem for me.

You are some hypocrite.

You bad mouth JP McManus for legally limiting his tax liability in Ireland, but you have no problem putting your hand in MY pocket and stealing MY money.

1 Like

you have phone insurance runt?

Insurance fraud affects everyone

Who do ye get phone insurance off folks? I must set it up.

I’ve mine insured with gadget insurance-cost about €90 iirc.

That sounds fair pricey mate. I heard the usual was about €6 a month?

I have it insured unded the contents of my house insurance. Also have the laptop covered as well. Works out at about a tenner a month

It is pricey but that’s because of all fellas like croppy boy and Mac ripping off the system. It’s the poor divils like Horsebox that suffer.

We’re in the process of bring ripped off by zurich insurance for a tiny tip. Lad in the other car didn’t even notice even though he was sitting in the car. Tiny dent in the side panel of his door. Two and a bit months later got a letter claiming two and a half grand.
You’re a cunt mac.

[quote=“Juhniallio, post: 770737, member: 53”]We’re in the process of bring ripped off by zurich insurance for a tiny tip. Lad in the other car didn’t even notice even though he was sitting in the car. Tiny dent in the side panel of his door. Two and a bit months later got a letter claiming two and a half grand.
You’re a cunt mac.[/quote]

Come again?

Your insurance fraud is costing me so you are a cunt. Not the most twisted logic i’ve ever employed.
Apart from being a cunt you seem like a decent chap though.

[quote=“Juhniallio, post: 770903, member: 53”]Your insurance fraud is costing me so you are a cunt. Not the most twisted logic i’ve ever employed.
Apart from being a cunt you seem like a decent chap though.[/quote]

Mobile phone insurance isn’t really insurance though so it doesn’t count as fraud

I got my motor renewal notice there about 3 weeks ago. Did nothing about. 2 calls from them today. Lo and behold it 120 quid cheaper. Happens every year.

Lots of talk that insurance prices will be tackled by government\EU… What can they do?