The Irish in Britain

No mickee, you are mistaken, i am completely dismissing your opinion based on the fact that you think this lad should play for Ireland based on his performances with UCD.

I hope thats clear enough for you.

No kev, you are also mistaken.
if you read the thread correctly you would see that Rocko basically said that Connor Sammon had always been ‘shit",
i disagreed and said he played well for UCD or not “shit”, which he did. this has nothing to do with the fact that if he should be picked for Ireland or not, it was merely me saying he was not or always has been "shit’.

in the previous post i stated that i felt he deserves a run based on his current form for Kilamarnock and the fact he is one of the leading scorers in this season’s SPL, based on this form i said he should be considered given that Trapp has history of looking at SPL players like Ciillian Sheridan even tho there was data to show that Sheridan had a terrible record in the SPL at 3 different clubs but was still picled against Argentina.

But you think the LOI is a better standard than the SPL, so surely his “good” form now and his ability to now play for Ireland makes him clearly good enough (in your opinion) to play when he was in LOI?

i would say and think that his game has progressed very well over the last few seasons and right now he is finally scoring goals consistently so much so that he has attracted the attention of various championhip clubs .
a player who is consistently scoring goals is something that we do not have in the irish set up today,

Back track.

Gobshite

Dear Kev,
this is an interent forum.
at times the posters engage in a something called banter with each other. this takes various forms but more often than not it can be seen in topics such as this where even tho the discussion is good and fruitful the posters will throw in a few comments at each other in the course of replying to add a bit of comic value, provoke the other poster even but mainly to make the topic interesting and fun to read.
2 examples here in the thread would be where Rocko commented that Billy Mehmet should be considered for ireland when i had a comment made about Cillian Sheridan who i know Rocko holds in high esteem, Rocko was using the Mehmet analogy to play down and make a litle fun of my notions of Sammons’s international credentials, also there may have been another underlying element as i have a habit of naming players palying for teams in obscure leagues Rocko was firing in the name of Billy Mehmet to almost mimick my posting style.
I found this rather humorous and entertaining as no doubt most on here did
Then kev, i passed the commnet that the LOI is at an almsost equal standard to the SPL , now Kev, we all know that this is not the case but there is definitly scope for a good discussion, Rocko is not going to rise to this barb but no doubt will appreciate the comic element of the post , but he knows it does not discredit the point been made about Connor Sammon.

Now Kev, why do you see the need to ruin the thread by trying to point out the obvious that the SPL is a higher standard than the LOI, we all know this, we dont need you to tell us and we certainly dont need you posting commnets like “gobshite” as they do nothing to aid the flow of discussion.

i could ask you a couple of questions here now like parhaps for instance ,
are you or your spouse mentally retarded or a bit simple ?
were you born in a field?

ive never met anyone quite like you kev in my online lifetime, i simply cannot explain what a hopeless, beligerant, ignoramus you are.

now, could you please go away.

thanks

You’re confused aren’t you mickee.

Nice rant though. :smiley:

Gibson playing centre mid for United today and not having much of a game so far.

McCarthy back for Wigan which is great news.

He’s been hooked at half-time…

Four Irish in the Ipswich team that’s holding Arsenal. Not really paying too close attention but Damien Delaney seems to be playing very well at centre back. O’Dea is left back, Healy is in the midfield and I’m not sure where Mark Kennedy is playing but he’s popping up everywhere.

Kennedy is doing a very decent job on Fabregas thus far. Delaney is looking like Paolo Maldini at times. Can’t see them holding Arsenal scoreless but I suppose extra-time and penos is not out of the question, and they have had plenty of luck up to now.

David “Chuck” Norris in the middle is also eligible for Eire, iirc.

Here’s the McCarthy goal that RTT mentioned in the wrong thread earlier. Slight deflection alright.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgqoop_wig-ast-1-2-www-rojadirecta-org_sport

Leon Macsweeney and Joe Gamble both played for Hartlepool tonight in their 1-1 draw with Notts Co.
ex-con Lee Hughes* was on the mark for County.
other than that there was no other cork players in action tonight cross channel,

*not from cork

Steve Chambers has joined SPL powerhouse Hamilton Academical from Shamrock Rovers.
Mick O Neill said he was to be payed the same salary as he was on at Rovers but is moving to the SPL to further has career. This alone should silence any people like Kev who claim the LOI is a higher standard than the SPL

Conor Sammon for Kilmarnock again today

some picture of him on his wiki page…his stats are pure shit, this season aside

“salmon of college” :unsure:

Steve Chambers? FFS. This Israeli chap mickee is a bluffer. He didn’t even know Beram Kayal was a physical player.

Long scored the winner for Reading at non-league Stevenage in the cup too.

tap in from 2 yards but I believe that is 9 in 9 for Long…Clinton Morrison scored 2 in the cup today as well

good barman though-

at least he has that to fall back on in a few years time

McCarthy has scored Wigan’s third goal today.