The Jack Grealish Thread

Great player, good lad.

Heā€™ll dominate the English midfield for years to come. A top top replacement for Lamps.

Seems to be a relatively grounded lad who loves Villa. I just hope some bloodsucking agent doesnā€™t get his paws into him and he ends up like another Bentley.

He better play for Eire

Oh, I think he is under a lot of pressure to wait for England.

In fairness, as a young Englishman, wearing the White would probably mean more to him than wearing the Green, and certainly would be more lucrative.

[QUOTE=ā€œProjectX, post: 1126162, member: 1742ā€]Oh, I think he is under a lot of pressure to wait for England.

In fairness, as a young Englishman, wearing the White would probably mean more to him than wearing the Green, and certainly would be more lucrative.[/QUOTE]
He should show some loyalty - he could be a 100 cap irish player or a 5 cap English player

We donā€™t have the moral ground here, ask Northern Ireland or Scotland :slight_smile:

I donā€™t recall McGeady McCarthy or Houghton ever playing for Scotland plus NI is a unique situation

Can we just focus on the player himself, without opening this can of worms again?

Until heā€™s pot committed, at which point we can extol the praises of a bona fide Ra man, or crucify the English bastard.

His father is his agent and seems like a decent sort. His brother his brother used frequent one of the biggest Villa forums until Jack broke into the first team and he says his father and the family are Irish to the core . Wouldnā€™t be massively confident heā€™d declare for Ireland after this little break he has taken to make a decision though. Iā€™m sure Given and Clark will be in his ear giving him a little push every now and then.

@Rintintin - is he really that good? iā€™ve seen very little of him and you couldnā€™t use yesterday as a barometer, Liverpool (Gerrard) were utter garbage.

Iā€™m on the official Aston Villa and Tiger Tim train from here until May 30th :clap: - My brother is a massive Villa fan so I understand their pain somewhat- they deserve a big day.

Lambert must be scratching his head tho?

[QUOTE=ā€œChocolateMice, post: 1126198, member: 168ā€]
Lambert must be scratching his head tho?[/QUOTE]

Lambert had them playing an ultra defensive shite, which didnā€™t suit what is actually a decent attacking team at all. Tiger Tim has unleashed the shackles and reaped the benefits.
If he is scratching his head about that then he should never get a job again.

[QUOTE=ā€œChocolateMice, post: 1126198, member: 168ā€]@Rintintin - is he really that good? iā€™ve seen very little of him and you couldnā€™t use yesterday as a barometer, Liverpool (Gerrard) were utter garbage.

Iā€™m on the official Aston Villa and Tiger Tim train from here until May 30th :clap: - My brother is a massive Villa fan so I understand their pain somewhat- they deserve a big day.

Lambert must be scratching his head tho?[/QUOTE]
He is potentially that good. He has been excellent in some cameos but not too involved when brought on at other times. As weā€™ve seen with a lot of these young players who are hyped up so much it becomes too much for them to handle .

[QUOTE=ā€œJulio Geordio, post: 1126201, member: 332ā€]Lambert had them playing an ultra defensive shite, which didnā€™t suit what is actually a decent attacking team at all. Tiger Tim has unleashed the shackles and reaped the benefits.
If he is scratching his head about that then he should never get a job again.[/QUOTE]

My only experience of Villa in the last few years was again Liverpool who Lambert had a very good record against- yeah they were compact but they broke at rapid pace and looked a decent team---- I suppose it is the perfect tactic against Rodgersā€™ Liverpool.

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/article31087595.ece/f9c82/ALTERNATES/w620/Jack%20Grealish.jpg

Keep your hands off Grealish, heā€™s Irish to the core

22 March 2015; Republic of Ireland International Jack Gealish, winner of the Republic of Ireland U21 player of the year award with his grandmother Margret Grealish at the 3 FAI International Football Awards. RTE Studios, Donnybrook, Dublin.

[QUOTE=ā€œThrawneen, post: 1126258, member: 129ā€]http://www.independent.ie/incoming/article31087595.ece/f9c82/ALTERNATES/w620/Jack%20Grealish.jpg

Keep your hands off Grealish, heā€™s Irish to the core[/QUOTE]
Weā€™ll find out soon enough Thrawneen. I say we toss for him at half time in the upcoming friendly.

whats the story here?

a plastic paddy who has represented ā€˜irelandā€™ underage who is now taking his time deciding whether he plays for ā€˜irelandā€™ or england?

:clap: the mcilroy haters must be frothing at the mouth here.

[QUOTE=ā€œHBV*, post: 1126271, member: 234ā€]whats the story here?

a plastic paddy who has represented ā€˜irelandā€™ underage who is now taking his time deciding whether he plays for ā€˜irelandā€™ or england?

:clap: the mcilroy haters must be frothing at the mouth here.[/QUOTE]

no no mate, a member of the diaspora will hopefully declaring for the country of his blood and heritage.

[QUOTE=ā€œHBV*, post: 1126271, member: 234ā€]whats the story here?

:clap: the mcilroy haters must be frothing at the mouth here.[/QUOTE]
Disappointing attitude to hold to a child of the wild geese of Ireland. There will be conflicts naturally given the situation but given he already declared for Ireland and is now apparently twitching as that prick McIlroy did is disconcerting.

i know mate, he just needs time to decide if he is really irish. i get it.