The Jazz Thread

Just incredible.

I also agree with Fagan about Lanquidity.

I had forgotten about Keith Jarrett, Had listened to the Koln concert years ago but never delved into other albums. His other concerts are great, theres a lot of them but some stand out, Bremen from 73, the Japanese recordings, and theres one good one with the European quartet (Jan Garbarek who I’m a fan off). A lot of good stuff that keeps your interest.

1 Like

A young Andrea Motis with an accented Basin Street Blues

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

For some reason just seeing this thread now, will be going through it in fine detail soon after a few pints, though pity tis October now as nothing like listening to A Love Supreme outdoors on a late warm Summers night after coming home from Una Powells.
However, I digress. I spent several Septembers in the mid 80s picking grapes in France, the “Vendange”. The soundtrack, provided by a chap from Penzance, was largely made up of 1. Vivaldi’s Four Seasons 2. Live and Direct by Aswad 3. Woody Guthrie’s Dustbowl Blues and 4. Stan Getz and Astrid Gilberto. Halcyon days indeed. Weed, speed, wine, riding, French country cuisine, great music and a couple of long lasting friendships.

3 Likes

9th October and we’re at it agin, fuck me what a day

Ah jaysus…

1 Like

The whole album is wonderful:

Una Powell’s one of the few bits of Ireland that can go toe to toe with la vendange…

1 Like

Listening to this right now. Blissful.

1 Like

Finally picked it up on record.

Currently on the office turntable.

3 Likes
1 Like

It’s very hard to listen to Coltrane and not believe that he was some class of saint or spiritual entity
I’m a fully paid up member

1 Like

New Kamasi Washington LP Fearless Movement is top notch. Better than Epic in my opinion.

2 Likes

He was some man for the heroin back in the day.