The Jazz Thread

Black culture is truly magnificent.

Jazz fusion got a pretty bad name in the end but this is a lovely record. A side here.

1 Like

@glenshane would have enjoyed this one had he lived

1 Like

Currently playing on the office turntable

Listening to a lovely Coltrane double cd here.

1 Like

Listening to Keith Jarrett the KĂśln Concert now.

1 Like

Listening to the 1978 Sun Ra album Languidity. There are a lot of Sun Ra albums out there and some of them are very poor. A lot of them are “experimental” to the point of taking the piss. This one is brilliant.

I thought you only reserved that one for special occasions or bank holiday weekends.

I had a very long day. I was in the humour for it.

1 Like

2 Likes

nice GIF

Listening to A Kind of Blue on a calm Sunday morning is one of life’s little pleasures

4 Likes

Jimmy Smith - Root Down (And Get It)

2 Likes

When my last batch of kids were tiny i used to have that in the car stereo fairly often. I bullied/encouraged them into naming the individual musicians and what they played as each of them entered the fray on ‘Freddie Freeloader’. I remember us, the ex and the ex motherlaw all heading to belfast to a funeral. I put the cd on by accident and the two of them just started singing along, smiling and laughing away at each other, and nailing every twist and turn in the tune. It probably didn’t even occur to me what a fantastic father i am

1 Like

This is a superb album.

1 Like

Fantastic stuff.

1 Like

It’s very close to the top of my list of favorite albums.

2 Likes