The Joe Brolly owns your soul thread

Many happy returns Gman.

Magnificent.

I think the gahliban over state the importance of GGA to sky

4 Likes

The GGA is a non entity for sky, a filler in the summer to keep plebs from cancelling whilst the EPL is on a break.

They might as well show lacrosse.

Joe is on Woolly’s podcast this week.

Slow night tonight.

1 Like

Two of the great thinkers of the game.

I’m leaving the tap in for ye guys.

That was a hard listen. Hard to listen in a car anyway. Brolly growling down a bad phone line in his chippy Nordie accent. No solutions offered just a whinge. Poor Woolly couldn’t get a word in. Brolly even started calling him Colm at one stage.

In other news, the podcast will be split into a hurling and a bogball version this year. Hopefully they can get a few good hurling men onto it.

Great to see Colm expanding the brand.

1 Like

Absolutely. If they could just train that Derry chap now to pronounce Free State club names properly they would be flying it.

He should take the fuckin golf balls out of his mouth he might speak a bit clearer

1 Like

Thats a magnificent final paragraph

The problem was neatly summed up in a tweet last week from Steven Poacher, who has built quite a reputation for himself on the coaching circuit since he coached Carlow to a 0-19 to 0-7 defeat against Dublin in last year’s Leinster championship by deploying the rarely seen 1-14-0 formation. Stevie presented it as a triumph, in the manner of Arlene Foster the morning after Theresa May went ahead and did the soft border deal without consulting her. In the modern GAA, a 12-point defeat seems to be fine so long as you deploy a system that sounds scientific and uses plenty of buzz words/business gobbledegook that no one really understands. So without further ado, here is Steven’s tweet, word for word:

"Looking forward to delivering a pitch session based on ‘Developing Offensive Transition Play’ this Saturday at 11.30am in the Skerries Harps club. Here are the list of games I will be presenting:

- Triple Transition Scoring Game

- Multiple Re-Start Transition Game

- Drop Down and Drive Transition Game

- Kick and Transition Game

- Run it or Kick it Transition Game

- Blast off Transition Game."

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

3 Likes

Joe is some man to deliver a withering put down.

Today’s article in large parts was word for word what he said to Woolly on the podcast.

He rolls out one of the same three articles every week (GPA/Sky, Enda McNulty/coaching gurus, accusing GAA clubmen and women of trying to kill PSNI members).

3 Likes

Great stuff from Joe today.
Always enjoy when he refers to the “old days” before all this modern GAA nonsense

2 Likes

Brolly doesn’t half repeat himself.

The article does not make sense. Mocks athleticism at expense of skills but then refers to Dublin model as the benchmark and them not playing any football but swimming, Pilates, s and c etc

He is also wrong about Dublin training but sure when did that stop him before.

1 Like