The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Exactly.
Sly enough, behind his back to headmen - saying she’d lost faith in his ability to be a pundit

2 Likes

I’d say she’s a right auld fuckin lick hole alright

2 Likes

Just looked through info on previous episodes, an interesting list of guests to be fair (will listen to the James Ellroy one).
Interview with Joe was very good

He loves the auld yarns.

At least he doesn’t shoehorn in quotes from some NFL coach or some such

Joanne mugged him off good and proper and he’s seething so he is

Brolly knew the score, play the game or hit the road.

He fairly destroyed Joanne alright – I suppose she’s just a product of her time really and it’s not her fault.

Wimmin shouldn’t be presenting The Sunday Game,there I said it.

4 Likes

You’d prefer Dessie?

He said wimmin shouldn’t be presenting the Sunday Game.
If Creep Cahill is a man I give up.

What are you giving up, because, even in this day and age when men have fannies (@glasagusban), I’d imagine he is technically a man.

1 Like

I found myself nodding my head furiously at that. Very interesting listen could have been another two hours and I’d have been happy

4 Likes

I thought it was a great listen but there were bits like when he was talking about his insomnia or something and crying in the shower - he never really explained why or what the context was, he does have a tendency to ramble off topic. He also clammed up when speaking about his parents and why he doesn’t speak to them.

Ya it was a thin line between letting him talk and putting some sort of structure around what he was talking about. There were 5 or 6 times where he was talking about something really interesting and next thing we were gone in a different direction altogether.

1 Like

Sounds like the N69 and the turn off for Askeaton.

That was excellent in fairness. Fanning realised he was getting in the way fairly early and quitened fair play to him. Lot of issues there for brolly but he had has a good perspective.

I think he tried to avoid speaking any further on this.

1 Like

The lads here wanted him to tell everyone his deepest darkest secrets… Blood suckers so they are.

1 Like

Is he gone from the wife?He talked about meeting a woman but didn’t elaborate on it.