The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

I had shamanic energy therapy recently. Iā€™ve never felt better. I told the shaman what dark energy I wanted to let go and they took it out of me and gave me light energy

1 Like

Nope. I did have physiotherapy a couple of times but I felt it was extortion and I decided I didnā€™t need it.

I donā€™t need help to figure myself out, I am what I am.

and your problem is you canā€™t understand other people who arenā€™t you.
Other people may need help to figure themselves out. Therapists facilitate that.

Youā€™re a bit of an egomaniac

Good for you. You clearly have zero understanding of how the human brain works - but good on ya.

The biggest ego on the board by a distance.

I think the world would be a better place if there people had the same clarity, compassion and resourcefulness that I possess.

Iā€™m sorry if that sounds arrogant but there is too much wallowing and entitlement in todayā€™s world.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Why bother going to a doctor or a hospital?

You might need some antibiotics to thwart a virus or infection or need to undergo surgery.

Itā€™s tangible.

1 Like

Poor Joe doesnā€™t seem to have any relationship with his parents.

Joe will be a great President of Ireland some day.

1 Like

Joe is a fairly complex character . He is capable of decency and some awful nastiness . He is a man of many contradictions but I think is is basically sound . By all accounts he was a really brilliant student .

As someone said earlier he always gives the impression there is something unresolved .

1 Like

I feel sorry for him.

In the last 10 years he has slowly but surely unravelled and itā€™s impacted on his personal life. He was always a rogue but he seems to have gone beyond acceptable boundaries in recent years and seems to be on quite a self destructive path.

I think at heart heā€™s a tremendously alright sort who has just started to believe some of his own bullshit about mainly trivial matters

On the things that really matter heā€™s generally spot on, not always, but generally

The Peadar Heffron/Creggan thing was one issue on which he was wrong but I think he made a mistake there coming from a place of deep compassion

He didnā€™t think through how that compassion could lead to a situation which could put others at risk

He goes on a crusade and when heā€™s challenged with some very legitimate counter arguments or has some contradictions pointed out he seems to get very nasty and vindictive.

I think the Brolly around 10 years ago was articulate and measured enough to be able to delve into topics and state his case. He now just tries to cut through any dissenting voices with a barrage of low blows and personal attacks. I think he has used his status to settle scores in a very vindictive manner.

I do genuinely like Brolly but I think some of things he has said have been well below the belt. I donā€™t think itā€™s any surprise that it seems his looks like both his marriage and relationship with his parents has broken down. Heā€™s clearly had some sort of crisis in the past few years and a lot of his behaviour to be very odd.

Interesting people are usually odd

He is mercurial

Thoughtful, arrogant, vulnerable, dismissive and considerate in equal measure

Very, very few arrogant people have the intellect to back it up

He does

RTEā€™s coverage is going to suffer very badly without him

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it will. Heā€™s been terrible in recent years, contradicting himself every week and pretending like he never got it wrong.

The old Brolly was brilliant, I think he needs some time away from the spotlight to sort his issues out, I hope he can.

1 Like

It will

Whatever else he is, he is box office

Agreed.

Itā€™s like how @KIB_man was Oā€™Ding on TFK and needed a break, he has returned a better poster for his sabbatical.

1 Like

Is he @Raylan?

@KIB_man at least had some sort of identity apart from being a terminally miserable, boring, pointless cunt